Gibson Brands Forums

Superstrats

Thundergod

A couple of months ago my superstrats were 50% of my guitar pseudo collection.

I had 2 jacksons, 1 charvel, 2 ibanez, 2 fenders (one a factory superstrat and 1 a modified strat with floyd rose and H-H configuration) and 3 more not even worth mentioning (very cheap) [crying].

I got rid of most of them and now I have only 3, and there are days I wake up with the resolution of selling them all, and then there are days I surf the net looking at pics of superstrats of various brands, just in case I "need" another superstrat soon [biggrin]

So what's your opinion on them? and on each major superstrat selling brand (I take Jackson and Ibanez as superstrat selling brands as most of their lineups consist on them).

My favorite to date is a japanese jackson, it's a little better than new USA made charvels for close to 60% of the price, and comes with a case.

My second famvorite would be the fender showmaster (the USA version)

My vote: in the long run I know I only need one, as I get bored of their features prety fast (mainly the locking trem and 24 or more frets). Brand? Jackson, but from experience I would go with the japanese line, no point (for me) on spending double the money on a US made one when they aren't twice as good.

If it was to be my main axe, I would go with one from the US.

Lady, I'm not asking for directions or posting a "what giutar should I get?" poll, It's more of a "what does the majority in here like more".

Thanks for your valuable comment anyway, I'll make sure next time I post a poll I include the "if you don't care about this poll or about the subject and aren't going to contribute then don't post" option. [biggrin]

Lady' date=' I'm not asking for directions or posting a "what giutar should I get?" poll, It's more of a "what does the majority in here like more".

Thanks for your valuable comment anyway, I'll make sure next time I post a poll I include the "if you don't care about this poll or about the subject and aren't going to contribute then don't post" option. [biggrin

Owned. [crying]

Lady' date=' I'm not asking for directions or posting a "what giutar should I get?" poll, It's more of a "what does the majority in here like more".

Thanks for your valuable comment anyway, I'll make sure next time I post a poll I include the "if you don't care about this poll or about the subject and aren't going to contribute then don't post" option. [biggrin

Didn't mean to hit a sore spot.

Hes PMSing. *cough*

Shut up sem00n.

Anyway... I'm surprised nobody's voted "ESP" yet... specially since ESP makes some really good guitars (the poll is for "the real" ESPs not LTDs).

If they all went for the same price I'd pick ESP over any of the others' date=' but ESPs are way to expensive compared to the other superstrat makers.

Caparison guitars are out of the question obviously [biggrin

I prefer Jackson when it comes to Superstrats, even though my '88 Fender has become a Superstrat for all intents and Purposes. It was nearly a Superstrat when it was born, excepting the Standard Pickups, now that is has the Blue/Silver/Red lace in it, it's more or less a Superstrat.

Anyway... I'm surprised nobody's voted "ESP" yet... specially since ESP makes some really good guitars (the poll is for "the real" ESPs not LTDs).

If they all went for the same price I'd pick ESP over any of the others' date=' but ESPs are way to expensive compared to the other superstrat makers.

[/quote']

Nobody voted for ESP or LTD because I had not sign in already![cool] They are truly amazing guitars and, if I could afford them, I would buy one in an instant!

There are actually 3 of them at my buddy's music store, that I would buy without thinking twice:

1. The Gus G. signature model (this baby kicks serious a$$, although it's not a superstrat - just mentioning it)

2. There is a white LTD, in the horizon shape, white, pearloid binding on the neck, 2 EMGs, Floyd Rose trem, locking nut, which is simply... the absolute metal guitar perhaps?

3. Again another LTD, horizon, sunburst color, string-through nody, with Seymour Duncans.

All of them have slim, very fast necks.

And of course there are the Eclipses as well...

And after speaking with lots of guys, everybody admits that the LTD quality, in the last years, have risen significantly, Perhaps you had some bad experiences with them in the past, but I would recommend that you take another look at the current models...

Caparison guitars are out of the question obviously :([/quote']

I like them a whole lot. I have an MH 301 which is super solid. But I have an Ibanez and Kramer too which are both great guitars. Well the Kramer is inactive as I need to replace the neck (again) but it was great when it worked. If I get another super strat, I'd like to get a Paul Gilbert sig.

And after speaking with lots of guys' date=' everybody admits that the LTD quality, in the last years, have risen significantly, Perhaps you had some bad experiences with them in the past, but I would recommend that you take another look at the current models...

[/quote']

The Korean made LTDs are fantastic! I have 3 (MH 301, FM 400, and Black Truckster). The MH actually fell of the wall and off my amp and 2 strings fell out of tune and the tip of the pup selector broke off. That's it. They can take a lot off punishment and still stay in tact. Hector, if you played them and liked them, you NEED to buy one. You won't be dissapointed. If you buy and and don't like it when you get home, I will visit you in Greece and buy you a drink :( I need a reason to go to Greece any way.

The Korean made LTDs are fantastic! I have 3 (MH 301' date=' FM 400, and Black Truckster). The MH actually fell of the wall and off my amp and 2 strings fell out of tune and the tip of the pup selector broke off. That's it. They can take a lot off punishment and still stay in tact. Hector, if you played them and liked them, you NEED to buy one. You won't be dissapointed. If you buy and and don't like it when you get home, I will visit you in Greece and buy you a drink [biggrin'] I need a reason to go to Greece any way.

Yep, it could be my next guitar. I currently live in Cyprus, but I would buy you a beer or an ouzo when you decide to come around these parts. But no-one needs a reason for coming to Greece!:(

Archived