Gibson Brands Forums

Guns n Roses - "Estranged" video

ledzep59

Does anyone else remember this video? What a production; I bet it was expensive as sh!t back then. Axl jumps off an oil tanker and swims with the dolphins and Slash rises out of the middle of the ocean and rips a solo. This is almost too much to handle:

Its a good song and Slash does good solo work. The video is just a little over the top, but they were the biggest band in the world at that point. Axl looks awful now; the years have not treated him kindly.

Its a good song and Slash does good solo work. The video is just a little over the top' date=' but they were the biggest band in the world at that point. Axl looks awful now; the years have not treated him kindly.[/quote']

hahha...no time has not been good to Axl. but then again, his reputation was that of a bigger a$$whole than Dave Mustaine.

mojo' date=' shred, ledzep,...without starting a new thread (and pissing off all the slash haters) [biggrin'], what is your all time fave slash solo?

I would have to say the last solo in "November Rain". Very melodic.

Aw crap, the images i posted are gone...did yous guys get to see them? I saw them after i posted....

Fav Slash solo? I migth have to think about that for a bit - i haven't listened to any old GNR for a very very long time....i was never a HUGE Slash fan...i like him well enough though and i certainly don't hate him....lemme think!

mojo' date=' shred, ledzep,...without starting a new thread (and pissing off all the slash haters) [biggrin'], what is your all time fave slash solo?

[biggrin]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hes2oGFuSO8[/YOUTUBE]

You know what, I too was never a big Slash fan, not that I didn't like (I actually can't stand "SCoM") but I like either November Rain or Estranged best. Probably Estranged would be my fav

[cool]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hes2oGFuSO8[/YOUTUBE]

You know what, I too was never a big Slash fan, not that I didn't like (I actually can't stand "SCoM") but I like either November Rain or Estranged best. Probably Estranged would be my fav

Shred...i didn't see the image. perhaps his appearance pissed off the mods or went against forum rules [lol] Axl would so beat my a$$ if he read this. Just gotta out run him.

Slash's solo on ''Sweet child o'mine'' is one of the best guitar solos ever recorded, always in my humble opinion.''Estranged'' is simply beautiful and ''Don't damn me'' is one of their best songs (and certainly underrated).

But I consider myself a G'n'R fan, not only a Slash fan, and since we're posting videos:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I would have to say the last solo in "November Rain". Very melodic.

Funny, as I sat and watched this "Estranged" video link at my computer in my office with no speakers, all I could hear was that solo at the end of November Rain.

Cheers to that ledzep59

Archived