Gibson Brands Forums

Orange Tiny Terror

Rewddawg1

If you like it, then it is worth it. Personally, I don't think the Tiny Terror is worth it. On the other hand... I think that the Dual Terror is worth it! The ability to footswitch channels and go up to 30 watts has sold me on it. I just need to get the money now lol

I'm not looking for all those watts it's more of a practice amp.

For a practice? What kind of practice? With a band' date=' or in your basement? If its just you, it will be loud as sh¡t!

Dem00n- if your only basis for the Night train is that it sucks for metal, then how can you say it sucks in general? What if he doesn't play metal? I can get some pretty heavy sounds out of it, and probably with the right pedals, make it sound metal-ish.

A 335 isn't the best for metal probably, but does that mean it sucks? [confused

If you like it' date=' then it is worth it. Personally, I don't think the Tiny Terror is worth it. On the other hand... I think that the Dual Terror is worth it! The ability to footswitch channels and go up to 30 watts has sold me on it. I just need to get the money now lol[/quote']

The dual terror looks awesome too but it's a bit to big for what i want to do. Thanks

For a practice? What kind of practice? With a band' date=' or in your basement? If its just you, it will be loud as ****!

Dem00n- if your only basis for the Night train is that it sucks for metal, then how can you say it sucks in general? What if he doesn't play metal? I can get some pretty heavy sounds out of it, and probably with the right pedals, make it sound metal-ish.

I'm more interested in the 7 watt mode with the option to go to 15 watts. Is the 7 watt mode too loud for a half basement fixed up room?

I'm more interested in the 7 watt mode with the option to go to 15 watts. Is the 7 watt mode too loud for a half basement fixed up room?

I still think its pretty fricking loud. Since its for practice, honestly, take a look at some of the new offerings. The Blackstar HT-5 is really nice, and five watts. Great amp. Try one out for yourself and see how it is. If you don't mind having the master volume lower, than just cranking the gain to get a distortion, it might work out for you.

I' ve heard about blackstar too but my guy where I do most of my business doesn't carry them. Maybe I can talk him into looking into it. I know Orange claims that the way they measure wattage is almost twice what most manufacturers claim.

I' ve heard about blackstar too but my guy where I do most of my business doesn't carry them. Maybe I can talk him into looking into it. I know Orange claims that the way they measure wattage is almost twice what most manufacturers claim.

Try it out. See for yourself if it is too loud. Good luck

I have the TT and love it. Buy the head the combo's don't sound as good.

I use it all the time with my 50 watt Marshall when I jam with friends.

They are not very versatile as far as tone goes but it does what it does

just great.

I just bought a Blackstar HT-5 head off CL for a steal their 400 new.

2 channel 5 watts and it has control to go from US to British and effects loop.

great little amp.

CW

I have the TT and love it. Buy the head the combo's don't sound as good.

I use it all the time with my 50 watt Marshall when I jam with friends.

They are not very versatile as far as tone goes but it does what it does

just great.

I just bought a Blackstar HT-5 head off CL for a steal their 400 new.

2 channel 5 watts and it has control to go from US to British and effects loop.

great little amp.

CW

In your opinion would a blackstar work better for me and what I want to do I play rock, hard rock and metal?

Dem00n have you played through a Night Train? They get pretty heavily distorted on the thick mode.

Reddawg you should check out a Night Train too. They do jangley Vox cleans to really thick tubey distortion. I know I seem like a Vox fanboy but it's a great amp.

Edit: sorry I didn't see that you actually wanted to play metal. I thought dem00n just said that because he's a metal head. I think the Orange is your best bet. Orange rocks!

In your opinion would a blackstar work better for me and what I want to do I play rock' date=' hard rock and metal?

[/quote']

Go listen to one yourself. I say this because the TT does orange very well. I play

rock and use it for leads and the Marshalls for everything else. I bought the

Blackstar to use in place of the Marshalls. The IFS control work really well

to give you a Marshall sound or a real good Mesa. I really like the TT for leads.

It responds very well to volume control changes. I paid 250 for the Blackstar

great bang for the buck, 2 months old on CL.

CW

Go listen to one yourself. I say this because the TT does orange very well. I play

rock and use it for leads and the Marshalls for everything else. I bought the

Blackstar to use in place of the Marshalls. The IFS control work really well

to give you a Marshall sound or a real good Mesa. I really like the TT for leads.

It responds very well to volume control changes. I paid 250 for the Blackstar

great bang for the buck' date=' 2 months old on CL.

CW

[/quote']

Keeping as close to my Marshall would be Ideal. I don't currently live very close to a dealer with the Blackheart line of amps. Sounds definately worth checking out.

For a practice? What kind of practice? With a band' date=' or in your basement? If its just you, it will be loud as ****!

I said for metal

No one reads do they?

Archived