Gibson Brands Forums

Where is the best place price wise to get a Gibson J45?

Soundwarrior

I'm going to just put my 2 cents in......I always recommend "play before pay" and "try before buy" I know a lot of people have had some really good luck ordering sight unseen on line, but in the last year, I've pretty much played every Gibson (and Garrison Gibson) in our local store, and there are only 3 that I would have considered buying if I was in the market for a new one. You might want to see what the best price you can get on line is, but you won't get that from an email enquirey. You will have to phone. Then you will have something to bargain with when you go local. End of month is a good time to go in, the are wanting to make quotas ect. and will deal a little.....good luck....

If you dont live in a major metro area with guitar stores everywhere....

Go to the Gibson site and checkout Gibson Acoustic five star dealers

Keep in mind that the J-45 has been continually made since 1942-lots of them out there

Its a thing with me that I dont buy any guitar I havent played-if thats not possible try out the 5 star list-good luck!

Hi all,

Been checking in for a while but have yet to post anything.

Janet Davis Music is a nice 5-star dealer in Bentonville Arkansas. The guys there are very friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonable. I got my Hummingbird there a few months ago. Went in looking to buy a J-45 or AJ but walked out 2 hours later with the H-bird. I have never regretted it, but I sure would like to own a J-45 too someday!

Archived