Gibson Brands Forums

Almost decided for a tiny terror..

Kzin

I´m looking for a new amp. I currently have a fender hot rod deville which I use with a black star ht dual pedal. It sounds good with my strat, but I´m not overly happy with the sound I get when I use it with my lp and sg. It gets a bit muddy and undiefined. Also, the amp is insainly loud and we always try to keep the volume down as much as possible when we rehearse so I will never be able to crank it.

I cant decide between the tiny or the dual terror. The tiny terror is cheaper and a little smaller to, right? I will use it mainly for blues, blues-rock, and rock...im not realy a metal guy any more. I´m planing on getting a HARLEY BENTON G212 VINTAGE cab for it. Should I get the dual terror?

Is the tiny terror, loud enough for gigs? I heard some people think there not enough low end in the tt, so maybe I´ll the dual terrors fat channel, especialy for a strat?

dude, if you can swing the extra bucks,, I would go with the Dual Terror, especially if you gig, its much more versatile then the tiny terror and can do the tiny terror and more, if I was looking to upgrade and was thinking between those two amps I would go with the dual terror, personally I have no experience with either of those amps but from looking at both on youtube its a no brainer for what you are looking for.

I have a TT but if your going to use it for gigs get the Dual TT so you have

the extra power for larger places. I have 4 2x12 cabs all with different speakers.

The one that the TT sounds the best through is the Marshall with the 75's. If your

just playing at home and gig once and a while the TT will be fine. You can mic it

if needed.

CW

I second or third, (whatever number we are on), for the Dual Terror. It is a much more robust sounding amp than the TT. It is way more versatile, and practical from a bedroom player to gigging player standpoint.

I know Orange tone, too. I have only owned 3 of em'. I currently still own a OR50 and a rocker 30. I've played/owned Rockerverbs and Thunderverbs as well.... I've played the tt and the dt as well. You can cover all of the TT tones as well as low wattage, in the DT, but then the DT has the extra gear that the TT doesn't have.

I suppose money is a concern, but the DT is well worth the extra. If you do find yourself having to settle for the TT, don't feel bad, as it is a great amp as well.

Hmm' date=' Ive decided on the laney cub 12 instead of the TT Combo, But the availabilty of Laney amps in the Us is a bit limited[/quote']

I have no experience with the Laney's.....let us know the details if you get it.

Okay. As soon as I get it Ill put some clips up on the tinternets =P

Unless I come across a '59 Plexi that costs less than £300, and can get valve blowing tones at bedroom level, but I dont think so.....

I'd go with the Dual Terror. There isn't a ton of difference between the Fat and TT Channel, so you can keep one cleaner, one more gain, whatever you want to set up. 30 watts isn't that much louder than 15, you will be surprised, but it pushes you over the top. If I was going to get one, I would go with Dual Terror, or the Rocker 30 if you could swing it

Archived