Gibson Brands Forums

what do you say?

dvir

what do you say gibson les paul studio or epiphone les paul custom?

People here on the Gibson-Forum will say Gibson!

If you ask the same question on the Epiphone-Forum you probably get the answer: Epiphone!

You always get what you pay for.........

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32667 [biggrin]

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32591 [woot]

i bought a wine red studio and I want to buy agood amp that i be able to performance with him i want or vox ac50 or marshell vintage modern 50w what shoud i buy? thanks guys

why worry? you've already bought a guitar#-o

Peter

and anyone can tell me what is the difference between the les paul studio and the standard

Quality of the components and the man hours it takes to manufacture = Looks better + feels better + better tone

The differences may be subtle, but they add up. If money is no object, then most would go for the Standard.

My Studio is a VM, so delivers a darker tone than my 08 Standard. I think the tone from a Maple Top Studio would be so close to the Standard, it would be difficult to tell the difference.

As a said above, it is the combination of many small improvements that makes the Standard the better interment.

Quality of the components and the man hours it takes to manufacture = Looks better + feels better + better tone

The differences may be subtle' date=' but they add up. If money is no object, then most would go for the Standard.

My Studio is a VM, so delivers a darker tone than my 08 Standard. I think the tone from a Maple Top Studio would be so close to the Standard, it would be difficult to tell the difference.

As a said above, it is the combination of many small improvements that makes the Standard the better interment.[/quote']

so you said that the les paul standard is alot better? people told me that the only thing is the binding and the flame top so i tought that the only diference is a visual things and not things that made the guitar sound better. thanks

I've got a Gibson LP and and Epiphone LP. The Epi looks great, plays just fine, but nowhere near the Gibson in playability or sound. It's simple, Epiphone is Gibson's "B" line - cheaper woods, cheaper electronics and cheaper manufacturing techniques - so they can be sold with a value based price.

Go with the Gibson Studio

And check out the Silverburst Studio - it comes with coil taps.

so you said that the les paul standard is alot better? people told me that the only thing is the binding and the flame top so i tought that the only diference is a visual things and not things that made the guitar sound better. thanks

If you pull off er specs from the Gibson sire or reviews:

Top Species AA Maple Maple Top and Mahogany Back (premium finish), Maple Top and Mahogany Back (Solid Finish)

The Studio has entry level species and they are a bit thinner

Binding Antique Cream

No binding on the Studio

Tailpiece Tone Pros Locking Stop Bar

None locking Stop Bar on the Studio

Bridge Tone Pros Locking Tune-O-Matic Style

Non locking Bridge on the Studio

Tuners Locking Grover Keystone

Non locking Green tuners on the Studio

Neck Pickup Burstbucker Pro

Bridge Pickup Burstbucker Pro

490 / 498 on Studio (except the Faded that have Pro`s

Bourne gold plated Pots

Not the Studio

Locking Neutrik Jack

Not on Studio - Not that I am a fan of it !!

Neck Profile Asymmetrical

Studio has 50`s - I like both

Headstock Inlay Gibson Logo

Studio logo is silkscreen

Silkscreen Les Paul Model

Plek Setup

Note on Studio

Its the combination of little improvements that makes the difference, at least on paper. But at the end of the day, its what works for you. I suggest you try them for your self, its the only way you will know for sure.

Archived