Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar "Mojo" Mystery?

jimmiJAMM

I suppose you have to be receptive, or tuned in to any unseen force to feel it. Kinda like a radio antenna. If it aint at just the right angle, reception may be compromised. Like "monkey shines", or "the shining" an inherent ability to bond with strange forces seems key to the mojo vibe.

Maybe Mythbusters should look into this phenomenon and crunch some numbers.

I suppose you have to be receptive' date=' or tuned in to any unseen force to feel it. Kinda like a radio antenna. If it aint at just the right angle, reception may be compromised. Like "monkey shines", or "the shining" an inherent ability to bond with strange forces seems key to the mojo vibe.

Maybe Mythbusters should look into this phenomenon and crunch some numbers.[/quote']

It really can't be explained....you need to have a passion for it

I've owned about 5 Gibson LPs in my life and own 4 Epi elitist LPs now. Of all the guitars I own, one of the elitist LPs (a plain-looking studio) has that mojo. It is my very favorite guitar and perhaps my favorite guitar of all time. I can't tell you precisely why, other than it has a special 'mojo' that really connects with this 'mofo'.

Personally, I don't buy into the whole "Mojo" thing.

I know I don't get excited about some guitars while others really draw me in - it's a matter of taste.

Chemistry maybe?

Then I built this Strat with P-90s and I absolutely love how it sounds.

It's very responsive, and unique in the various tones it produces.

3375030724_0571f591bf.jpg

Several players I know have taken it for a spin and were just blown away.

It's one thing to be polite and tell somebody their guitar is nice, but something else entirely when their

mouth is hanging wide open and they start asking all sorts of questions about it.

Of all the guitars I own, most costing much more than this, it's the one people ask me about all the time.

At first I wrote it off as the P-90 pickups, made by Fender - nothing else out there quite like them.

I dunno.

Archived