Gibson Brands Forums

Alright, who's got kids?!

ShredAstaire

Wish my daughter would watch them but she's too much in to Justin Beiber [blink]

That's harsh dude. Hopefully she'll grow out of it.

My daughter is a certified Buckethead fanatic, puts her to sleep every night. Glad she appreciates real music over pop sh!te.

My daughter is a certified Buckethead fanatic' date=' puts her to sleep every night. Glad she appreciates real music over pop sh!te. [/quote']

Now that's awesome. How old is your daughter?

I'm impressed that she appreciates music that complex and sophisticated. You should be very pleased and proud--I think that a strong and legitimate appreciation for music is a likely indicator of intelligence.

You done good. [lol]

Only in Finland. It's the only country where metal is mainstream. I am going to relocate.

My 3 year old son and 5 (6 in June) year old daughter like the faster stuff (Metallica, Unearth, Ensiferum) and some progressive metal (TYR, Kamelot). They like Miley Cyrus/ Hannah Montana and Lady Gaga too but not every song by either of them. They love ALL Metallica.

^ She's 5.

This is the tune that puts her to sleep every night, she won't sleep without it lol: http://bucketheadland.com/jackson.html

She takes her mini nylon string guitar to bed with her and plays along with the song (well tries to anyway).

By day she likes the heavier stuff.

It's the only country where metal is mainstream. I am going to relocate.

If that's the case I think I may relocate also!

If that's the case I think I may relocate also!

It's no joke. There's a documentary on the subject with like interviews with the President of Finland (or whatever government official is in charge) and all kinds of public figures. There's pieces of it on youtube. F-ing awesome. I love cold weather anyway.

Man sorry I know I said I'd tell you what I thought of it but Ive been so busy it's still sitting in the studio in it's box. I really can't understand where the time goes - I retired in January and am busier now than ever. I tore the whole studio apart thinking I could set it up right now it's still shredded after three months. First I was setting up the Roland digital drum set than upgrading my Pro Tools LE rig and digi 002 board but I just got a bunch of cable, a pedal board and a Octo switch I had been waiting for so hopefully I'll put it all back together and have some info soon I hope.

Wish my daughter would watch them but she's too much in to Justin Beiber [cool]

Hahahaha...that sux. My daughter (who will be 6 in June) says she "likes him but doesn't like his songs. They are booo." No, I did not pressure her into saying that. Sometimes she will refer to his songs as "derp." That term, she did learn from me.

Archived