Gibson Brands Forums

Something for the weekend???? First Forum Memories

Johnt

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be!

Wilys thread re certain old friends got me thinking

1. What was your first contact with the forum

2. Who "spoke" to you first.

In my case I crept on on 23/2/2008 with a question about my 79 J45. I wanted to know why it had a gurt big ole in the back of the headstock

My question,which was of a "rather silly nature" (see recent threads) was politely answered in some detail by Mike (Guitarstrummer) who told me I'd bought a reject. (He was slightly more gracious in his description)

Mike also welcomed me to the forum.

Since then I have tried, but often failed to say "welcome".

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14051

This was my first post in Gibson Acoustics Forum.

The first one who spoke to me was "sitric"

I had another user name by the time. If you remember something hapened with the forum about 10 months ago and I lost my first registration.

I have never offended nobody and if I did it somehow I beg for apology.

This forum is a precious thing for me. I learned much things from here.

Especially from Jinder.

Thanks, mate!

I met here BucMcMaster and made already two songs based on his lyrics (doing the third just right now).

Thank you, Michael!

May be I don't understand quite well english and american english and I don't "get" the bad words and senses every time.

For me this is a positive place, where I drop by to read interesting questions and answers and learn things that I can't learn in my country.

Thanks folks.

I don't recall my first post, or who talked to me first...in fact, I have a tough time recalling what I had for lunch yesterday. I tend to be sarcastic in my attempt to be funny, (I hope most get that about me), and Like MisterGibs, I'd NEVER intentionally hurt anyone, (although he's been much more successful than have I).

First Forum Contact: Gibson Co. Censor when I ran this heading :

SINCE I CAN'T FIND AN EPI EXCELLENTE, I WILL COLLECT ESTEBANS

2nd.Forum Contact: Sir Johnt when he graciously accepted an honorary teaching chair

at the PPPAOAGT Academy. However, the Academy was greatly

miffed when he chose LasVegas over visiting us in Mule's Breath

Mexico.

3rd. Forum Contact: GG Girl who really helped me make it through the yard until that

banjoe banger answered her playing partner plea.

Final Conclusion: The greatest net forum devoted to both guitars and all those nice persons

who really care about them.

Moose

This was my first in Oct 2009.

Gearbasher was the first to respond.

Every guitar player I know regrets selling one of their instruments,which at the time may have been the correct decision.(Reasons are plentiful !!)

But, times goes on conditions change and you think"I wish I stil had my"____________"

For me it is a 2001 J-45 I bought used in 2004.

Whats yours ?

The G

Good chance to say it while one can, (life can be short);

Krassi (Mister Gibs): I am sure I am not the only one who appreciates how far you come to contribute to this forum. Thank you for that. And for putting things in perspective.

????? ?????????.

I can't remember my first post, but I remember being particularly pleased to find a Gibson community online...I've been coming back ever since! That was in 2007 I believe.

I never tire of the place, although it has been the cause of much GAS over the years!

Krassi, I'm glad you've found my posts here interesting/informative, it's really nice to know!

Again, I would like to think I've not offended anyone...apart from maybe the schoolboy with his phosphor bronze Allen key and his $100,000 collection of guitars. I think I may have offended him, but I'm sure he's too busy adjusting his truss rods to worry about it.

...apart from maybe the schoolboy with his phosphor bronze Allen key and his $100' date='000 collection of guitars. I think I may have offended him, but I'm sure he's too busy adjusting his truss rods to worry about it.[/quote']

Heh heh heh..... I dig it.

Archived