Gibson Brands Forums

Most Valuable Player?

jimmiJAMM

Price.

Cost.

Worth.

Can it get more subjective?

I understand that a certain piece demands a certain price - but the "value" can only be determined by the purchaser.

I for one am not paying as much for a shiny guitar as some here. I suppose that there is an argument to be made for getting next to an elusive "tone", but mostly, i don't drink that kool-aide.

Good for you, good for me.

Price.

Cost.

Worth.

Can it get more subjective?

I understand that a certain piece demands a certain price - but the "value" can only be determined by the purchaser.

I for one am not paying as much for a shiny guitar as some here. I suppose that there is an argument to be made for getting next to an elusive "tone"' date=' but mostly, i don't drink that kool-aide.

Good for you, good for me.[/quote']

Or, more manipulated?!

I too, have always bought whichever guitar sounds the best (to my ears), and plays

the way I want it to. I've even done the "forbidden" Purchase without playing first, thing.

Been lucky? I guess, as I've never had the need to send one of those (3) back. Set it up,

plugged it in, and "away we go!" I will admit, I wouldn't do that (buy without playing), with

an Acoustic guitar. ;>)

CB

Yeah... I agree that much of value especially for a longtime picker is the feel and output of a specific instrument.

OTOH, if somebody wanted to swap more modern Gibbie equivalents for what a paid a bundle for in early Ovation EAs - the only true EAs available when I got 'em - I'd do it today sight unseen and instruments untouched.

m

$1,300 for my Custom - brand new and off the rack - but I was working at a music store where I got it for dealer cost. A guitar would really have to knock my socks off to pay much more for one than that. Gibson guitars are great and all and I love mine but there is a lot better value for the money unless you really have to have a Gibson.

$1,300:

lp1.jpg

Thanks! I've seen only one other like it in black and read about four or five white ones (HC reviews). I contacted Gibson a couple of years ago about it and they didn't have specific production numbers, just that they were made for a while between 91 and 92. It's basically just a Custom Shop LP Custom with Super 400 inlays.

Archived