Gibson Brands Forums

Explorers Unite!!

Piro

Its about 12ibs I always thought it was Soild Maple but found out alot of these were mainly soild Walnut pancaked between thin strips of maple. Real Kool.

Heres a photo of a natural one showing the wiood used on these.

Thank you very much for your reply Max

The one you posted is not a CMT (like yours and mine), but it is an E2 with a pancake body (walnut/maple/walnut/maple/walnut). Like this one

I think my CMT has a maple body with a one piece maple top.

And yes....it weights a ton...

Ive had a couple but here is my current Explorer, a badass '91 with a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge...killer tone

Great man!

My '93 Ebony Explorer is still the favourite guitar i own [thumbup]

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just arrived today, beautiful Korina, sorry Gibson could not afford one of yours this time. Bacchus Korina, last one in the shop in Japan. Sounds great and quality build, as good as my Gibson Explorer.

Jock

Front_zpsd8a1bae5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't kill me there is a perfectly good explanation for the changed pickguard.

You see I didn't whant to wearout the government series logo so I made a new one out of the backplate of a computer screen.

I also changed the pickup's to S.D. Black Winter..... Because they are awesome.

th_image-2.jpg

image-2.jpg

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure I know how to use a JCM800.....100 watts and only one channel...it's a beast!

I'm loking for a 1987X, a jvm205h or a jcm900....how do they sound?

For me the 900 is like a toy compared to the 800. The 900 has reverb and two channels but the sound quality is lacking. I purchased a newer jtm 45 and the 800 gathers dust. I use the 900 as a speaker cabnet. My 800 is a 50 watt and I can imagine the 100 watt IS a monster. Speakers and pedalboard will help you craft a different tone and allow lower volume.

Archived