Gibson Brands Forums

Explorers Unite!!

Piro

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is mine.

Thinking of switching to a white pickguard.

Well, it's a reversable modification, so it shouldn't hurt the resale value, but make sure you keep the original!!

Personally I think it looks great the way it is.....

• 4 weeks later...

I recently sold my red faded Explorer.... Dammit, I hate regret!!! I am kicking myself for selling it. I am still holding out for a natural with gold hardware Explorer. In the mean time, here's mine:

photo-1.jpg

I've ordered a parchment/blk/parchment pickguard & truss tod cover from Terrapin guitar. I think the aged white plastics will look great.

^Nice [thumbup] Those guitars got a lot of flack but I never thought they were bad looking. Is there a noticeable difference in sound with all the holes?

Thanks Mojo. It's the only Explorer I have played so I can't compare it. It definitely sounds different than my Flying V with the same pick ups. I knew people were kind of doggin' the looks but I like it and I'm not really a "slave to popular style" LOL. It's really light also.

David

Thanks Mojo. It's the only Explorer I have played so I can't compare it. It definitely sounds different than my Flying V with the same pick ups. I knew people were kind of doggin' the looks but I like it and I'm not really a "slave to popular style" LOL. It's really light also.

David

That's all that matters [thumbup]

I'll have another explorer to show in the near future. I just bought an explorer body of ebay and planning a Ken Lawrence replica. [biggrin] I expect the body to arrive next week. I'm still deciding on the color I wanna do since I'll be ordering a finished KL style neck from Warmoth. [woot]

Guys... I gotta be honest; I an wishing that I still had my 2008 faded red Explorer. Dammmmnnn again proving to myself to never sell a guitar. I have a bit of buyers remorse with my new Explorer (late 80's early 90's vintage) as shown in pictures above... Don't get me wrong, it's cool and all but my faded (that I sold last month) just "felt" better. At the time I just didn't like how "cheap" the painted on logo on the headstock looked.

I guess the only wise thing yet to do now is buy a natural finish with gold hardware!!!!

Archived