Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone has and uses 'Skype'?

DeVeeWee

I just installed it on my laptop recently but have yet to try it out....have you used it? We got it to teleconference with my brother in law' date=' his wife and my neice who is just around 2....[/quote']

I use it almost on daily base, for business purposes...

It is such a great communication tool but not so very well known, and it cost you nothing [biggrin]

Yes I have Skype and have used it for a while.

I live in the US and my family is still in the UK, so Skype comes in handy for that kinda stuff, but there is so much more to it.

I would say that its a great platform to work with, the only issue I ever had was a huge delay when talking to someone overseas, as well as sounding like a robot on occasion, which was pretty cool for a bit. However those issue were because I had an older computer and even older components.

Now I have a brand new system Skype is back to being great again. Give it a try is say:)

Nope, so far Skype helped me a lot since my 2 other business partners live at the other end of the country, so we meet through the web, without any problems. The best part is when you're doing a one-to-one conversation(that's with webcam)AND it doesn't cost you a dime!

I use it to talk to people while we play online games. It's nice and stable, doesn't need a server to be set up, and soundquality is fine for me, much better than a telephone anyway. It doesn't lag much either, and I make calls from Sweden to UK, California, Ohio and Australia.

huh o.o:-s

just kiddin' dem00n' date=' don't think I took your name...actually it's a strange affaire because the spelling of your name is quite particular:-k (must be someone from the forum...)

Archived