Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Vocalists?

ShredAstaire

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I resist, the "favorite's" thing...especially with singers. It, too often, depends on my mood, the music itself, even the gender.

There are just too many "favorites," to list any "one!" I've been moved, by eveyone from Dylan, to Pavarotti, Janis to

Celine, and everything in between. (I'm a poet, and don't know it...) ;>)

CB

I wasnt even aware that David Byron had died [biggrin] and SO many years ago too[crying] I was a Big Heep fan back in the day too' date=' seen them many times with the original line up back in the 70's ,, always loved his voice and wondered why Heep hadnt reunited,, now I know, while I like Mick Box I always thought he was pretty simplistic, he had some really cool riffs but wasnt fancied as one of the best lead players around at the time[/quote']

Gary Thain has passed on as well. But Heep continues and tours to this day. And yes, Mick was not the greatest player and simplistic describes his playing fairly well. But that's why I liked him. I could cop his riffs. He did, however, bring great joy to his playing and it doesn't get any better than that. [cool]

John Lennon

his voice has a wonderful timber to it

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Ironic, that John often said (paraphrasing, here), that he "hated his "nasal" voice quality."

I too, really liked his voice quality, when he really got down to it, and wasn't just messing

around. It was, well..."Iconic," really.

CB

Archived