Gibson Brands Forums

Lately, I just plain suck on the guitar

duane v

[biggrin]

Lately its been taking me 10 takes or more to get anything right in the studio' date=' including rhythm tracks[confused'] .... And it's dumb friggin mistakes#-o

Me too apparently - with guitar or camera...

In a recording studio a long time ago, a producer suggested the guitarist lay down some rhythm tracks since he was having trouble laying down solos. That was Tom Dowd talking to Eric Clapton while recording Disreali Gears.

I know how you feel. It's been a horrible year for me in terms of production and it was all due to stress. So I bolted out to the desert of NM for a month to clear my head . It worked wonders for me plus I had a blast out there. I've already got two great new research ideas completed in less than two weeks. It's amazing how much clearing your head can do for you.

Got all of it laid down' date=' and it went much smoother this morning. Now it's off to St. Louis thursday and friday to lay down the vocals[blink']

Congrats... I knew you could do it!! Any chance of hearing what your working on?

[cool]

Lately its been taking me 10 takes or more to get anything right in the studio' date=' including rhythm tracks[confused'] .... And it's dumb friggin mistakes#-o

I'm glad you got it sorted, but I guess it's all a matter of perspective - if I get out what I wanted to, in 10 takes, I'm usually pretty happy. :-$

Case in point: I'm trying to lay a simple bass track for a demo of a song written by a friend... six takes over two days, so far, and nothing usable. ... No click track either, so I can't cheat / copy and paste...

Archived