Gibson Brands Forums

My first Gibson and I'm not sure which exact model it is :'x Silverburst

Kazue

28543_135082949839046_100000120262256_379929_2877941_n.jpg

28543_135082893172385_100000120262256_379928_1899547_n.jpg]

6536_101916276489047_100000120262256_52489_780673_n.jpg

I got this Les Paul Silverburst at a Guitar Center a little while back and I've never really been able to find out what exact kind it is and I'm also not sure which exact pickups and whatnot. Its my very first gibson so excuse me for being such a noob haha. I know its got a 60's slim neck profile and they labled it as a les paul standard limited at guitar center. The limited run ones I've seen that were "made for GC" seem to have different serial numbers though and have the little gibson emblem in the middle of the headstock, this one doesnt. But it also doesn't have a pick guard like them. So maybe I thought it was a studio, but the studios said "Studio" on the rod cover and don't have binding on the body, and mine does. So I'm a little confused as to which one it really is, any help would be greatly appreciated. also here is the serial number: 008780393

Heres the tail of the tape...

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

March 28th, 2008

Production Number: 93

To me, the machine heads look a little small....I also thought the paint job should be in a tear drop fashon, not just

around the outside of the guitar....maybe thats how that model came...who knows.

To me' date=' the machine heads look a little small....I also thought the paint job should be in a tear drop fashon, not just around the outside of the guitar....maybe thats how that model came...who knows.[/quote']

I remember seeing those same mini-Klusons on some of the limited run Gibsons a couple of years back. Can't remember exactly which models though. Although I never saw one in Silverburst finish, 'Standard Limited' does indeed ring a bell, however.

I seem to remember them being 3-in-a-line rather than individual units. I could be wrong, of course; I have already been wrong at least once today already! LOL!

I agree the 'non-tear-drop' isn't the usual shading-pattern for a Silverburst but the instrument clearly is netither a Custom nor a Studio.

Weird.

I'm going to suggest the OP is correct in saying it's a Standard Limited.

Never have R9, I kinda figured they'd have that on the back and yea I saw those GC limited run's but like R9 said, different headstock. And I didn't even think about e-mailing Gibson hahaha :D thanks for all the help guys!

"The serial number is consistent with a Les Paul Standard model in Silverburst finish and 60's neck, made on the 87th day of 2008 in Nashville, TN. The pickups are Burstbucker Pro's. This model was a dealer exclusive for Guitar Center and Musician's Friend in 2008"

Reply from Gibson

Archived