Gibson Brands Forums

A Musical Legacy

cookieman15061

Cool story I want to share.

My brother who is 7 years younger than me recently found old friend from JR high on facebook. They hadn't see or talked in over 30 years and turns out he is a guitar teacher in Florida and also has a band.

He asked my brother how I was doing and if I still played guitar.

Then he shared with my bro that I was always an inspiration to him and he can still remember watching my band play Cat Scratch Fever at a HS talent show and the reaction we got from all the kids in the audience.

He said every time he sees an SG (first guitar was a copy) he thinks of me and how it changed his life.

It made me realize that we have an influence on the youth around us, be it bad or good.

Most of the time we don't even realize it how far reaching that can be.

When it comes to any sort of social interactions, I think we seldom realize that each of us has far more of an effect on others that we consider at any time or place.

Obviously that includes music.

m

How cool that is.

I remember being 10 years old and watching an Elvis movie. Elvis was playing guitar and singing to this girl. I still remember the way she looked at him. Even at 10 I could tell that he knew something I didn't...something that I needed to know....and the answers were in playing the [biggrin] guitar.

Archived