Gibson Brands Forums

String Help?

scott1uk

Hi

I bought a Gibson Sg brand new at xmas,Can anybody tell me what strings would be on them as these were the best strings ive ever played they never got rusty and always kept there tone and always stayed in tune.I recently re-strung my sg for the first with some gibson bright wires 10's these strings werent anywhere near as good and started rusting after a week.Any help or info would be great as I love my sg thanks

I had Gibson strings on my 61 RI when I bought it and replaced them with the same brand and had no trouble at all. I think it's like any product, you might get one or two duds in a batch and just maybe the strings you bought to restring were from a bad batch.

I had Gibson strings on my 61 RI when I bought it and replaced them with the same brand and had no trouble at all. I think it's like any product' date=' you might get one or two duds in a batch and just maybe the strings you bought to restring were from a bad batch. [/quote']

What make of gibson strings?

If they rust that quickly you probably would want to consider getting coated strings, or getting fast-fret or another string cleaner.

Anyway, if you got it new unplayed, it had gibson bright wires .10s on it, which are probably what they replaced them with.

These are, IMHO, overpriced strings.

Guest rogerb

Gibson Brite Wires .010 - .046w are factory installed. You might also try a set of Gibson Vintage Reissue strings, same gauge. These can be purchased at most any Gibson authorized dealer.

Archived