Gibson Brands Forums

Does Gibson still make my guitar?

pdhguitar

I have a Gibson Songmaker CSM-CE. These are made in Canada, and it really is a great guitar. Someone told me these are not being made now, and that Gibson no longer uses the Canadian factory. Anyone know if my guitar is still being made? Thanks.[drool]

Made in Canada you say [drool] .Nice guitar you have .They were produced at the Harrison guitar works... they have been discontinued.... Gibson still shows them in their products line though! L&M still has about 40 of the Canadian made still avaliable in their system....

Made in Canada you say [biggrin] .Nice guitar you have .They were produced at the Harrison guitar works... they have been discontinued.... Gibson still shows them in their products line though! L&M still has about 40 of the Canadian made still avaliable in their system....

Garrison. not Harrison.

+1. what may have been a bad or botched idea today may translate as rare' date=' collectable and vintage in the decades to come.[/quote']

That reminds me of the computer games that get panned by reviewers, are so bad they discontinue them, then everyone goes out and buys them because they're rare and worth a fortune!

(I'm not saying these guitars are bad)

The Garrison guitars are no longer in production. The factory was closed down last year.

Stijn Vergeest

Gibson Europe Customer Service

00800-4GIBSON1

00800-44427661

www.gibson.com

service.europe@gibson.com

Have to disagree with you about the sound. Eveyone who has played my Songmaker comments on the sound.

pdh.....I was not referring to your guitar, just the ones I tried in the store, the point I was trying to make is that there are 3 available, NOS, although they are not making them anymore. Heck, I've played some Takimime's that sound better than the Martin's they were hanging by, each guitar has it's own sound......such tender toes in this forum????

Archived