Gibson Brands Forums

NRD

Hydra26

New ROBOT Day [blink]

Dunno if this really counts as a Lester, but I just picked it up this afternoon. Sweet score. been wanting something with P90's for a while. (They stopped making the Faded LP Special DC's before I came up with the bread.) Love yellow in general as a finish. You don't see these all the time (at least, not around my neck of the woods). So, SCORE on multiple counts.

DSC00076.jpg

Congrats on yer very nice Les Paul Junior.

I was tempted with this model myself. I like the faded TV Yellow.

With the P90s and the dot markers it's got a cool 50s vibe. [cool]

I think those came with a gig bag. I'd get a HSC for it to protect against a headstock break.

Thanks, and yeah it's on my list. I do have a nice SKB LP softshell case with rigid foam. Only thing is it's made for a flat neck not a pitched one so I gotta put something under the heel so I don't stress the joint.

The dot markers are interesting. They're not MOP or Pearloid but rather a mirror finish with a clear layer of plastic over the top so they have that mirror kinda look to them. At first, I thought they had fallen out! [cool]

Sweet pickup, I got one recently too. Mine came from GC, and unfortunately the first one was defective (had been in a store, so who knows who did what wrong). Worse yet, I exchanged it for another a few days ago... you guessed it, also defective [crying] . I'm not that downherated though, I got a great deal on it, and to even my Salesman's surprise, mine came with a hard shell case (was on eBay looking for a case when it arrived here)l. And I've got my other "new" Les Paul (yes, it counts AFAIC, it says Les Paul on the headstock!) to keep me company while this one goes back to Gibson to be set right. Once it comes back, I'll keep all stray hands away from it, and hopefully it will last quite awhile (these have the first generation Tronical hardware, and the Robot Gibsons are I think now on the third generation, so....). If it gets to a worst case where it keeps breaking, I'll consider the option to just put normal hardware on it and still have a really cool guitar! [cool] .

They made Robot LP Specials?

They did. Not any more. I think I got the last one available through CG (maybe not, you could try them). I know Amazon.Com had some, but they recently raised their price from $999.00 to $1699.00 (list is like $2700 or so).

Yep, I saw that a while ago and went looking online and couldn't find one. Glad this one turned up at the big store in the region. Defintiely an intriguing guitar and it's lived up to what I was hoping it'd be. Only thing that could be better, I think is a full gloss finish. I don't personally care for these faded/worn/satin finishes although I understand there is a market for them.

Archived