Gibson Brands Forums

What amps should I try out? I'm sellin my amp...

ShredAstaire

I like my tube amps but I also embrace valve-state and "modeling" as well. If it sounds good' date=' I'm not that picky about format.

[/quote']

true that, I have a Vox AD60VTX which is a modeling amp combo with a single 12", I put a 7 band EQ and a Sonic stomp in the effects loop and the thing absolutely ROCKS !! and its SO versatile too, its NOT a one trick pony, I can get just about any sound outta that amp I want and it has built in effects too, from Marshalls, rectifiers to Fenders to Vox amps,, its a great amp for at home use !! [biggrin]

true that' date=' I have a Vox AD60VTX which is a modeling amp combo with a single 12", I put a 7 band EQ and a Sonic stomp in the effects loop and the thing absolutely ROCKS !! and its SO versatile too, its NOT a one trick pony, I can get just about any sound outta that amp I want and it has built in effects too, from Marshalls, rectifiers to Fenders to Vox amps,, its a great amp for at home use !! [cool']

Yeah, the Vox modeling stuff sounds pretty good.

TGod- could you post the specs and price of your amp?

Class A 20W 2 channels (clean, OD), low, mid, high and prescence controls, reverb, fx loop. Cab is 2x12 loaded with celestions (don't remember the model right now). Made in the UK, comes with a set of covers (for both head and cab) and a footswitch.

I got it for around 1200 in here, which is prety cheap considering it's not chinese like my Vox AC30 that costed about the same :|

I think they are scarce in the US and prices are higher in there (found just the cab in samash for 799)

Really nice sounding amp with great looks.

Archived