Gibson Brands Forums

Test driving my new PRS.

rocketman

Here's a link of me playing various tunes with the PRS. The guitar is very versatile and I was amazed at the tones you can get out of it. Specific pinch harmonic locations are very easy to feel on this guitar. The whammy bar is very stable (I gave it a workout in places). The 57/08 pickups are freakin awesome. Overall, I'd say this guitar rocks!!

I fell in love with a Korina Mira at GC. It could be the best guitar I have ever played. Unfortunately, I bought a Stratocaster right before the prices jumped up in 2009, and new Vox AC 30 about 8 months ago, so my wife wont let me buy a new guitar until mid 2011.

Just got back from re- stringing my DC Les Paul with Gibson strings 10 46, sounds better but I played a PRS CE 22 bolt on neck and liked the sound and the feel better, to do the deal 1200.00 for my DC 1750.00 for the prs

Deal or No deal?? My DC is sooooooo nice to look at (Amber Sarrano) But I just like the Feel of the PRS better, Am I paying more money for a cheaper but better feeling piece? Bolt on neck PRS or Les Paul DC????? I know this is a gibson forum and I probably should not be asking here, with that said let me here what you think

Thanks

^ you can pretty much ask about anything in the lounge, just start your own thread next time rather than derail other people's threads. Forum etiquette, I suppose. I think that's a bad deal. I believe CEs are made overseas. For comparison, you can buy a used American built PRS, 10 top, bird inlays, no bolt on neck, for around $2,000.

rocket, good stuff...as always! I couldn't agree with you more - they're awesome guitars.

I like 'em so much, I may get another soon. Anybody want a 2007 R9? She's moving out. [cool]

^ you can pretty much ask about anything in the lounge' date=' just start your own thread next time rather than derail other people's threads. Forum etiquette, I suppose. I think that's a bad deal. I believe CEs are made overseas. For comparison, you can buy a used American built PRS, 10 top, bird inlays, no bolt on neck, for around $2,000.

rocket, good stuff...as always! I couldn't agree with you more - they're awesome guitars.

I like 'em so much, I may get another soon. Anybody want a 2007 R9? She's moving out. :- [/quote']

The CE is made in USA - it's the SE line that's from Korea. They seem to sell for about $2000, new, at the first online store I found them on.

http://www.willcuttguitars.com/_catalog_31244/CE

Archived