Gibson Brands Forums

'67 B-25

jefleppard

just played one. its on consignment at a shop here in town - $1200cdn. i would say its in vg condition. it doesn't need a neck reset and everything else seems stable and original. no cracks. the bridge is lifting slightly on the edges from top bellying i believe. originally i thought it was an lg-2 because its vintage burst - apparently a bit rare as most b-25s are either natural or cherry. it also has a rosewood adj bridge. i played it. the bridge is not a tone killer. the tone is somewhat dark but with tonnes of volume. i'm thinking seriuosly about this one but i've been holding out thinking i'd like a relatively new BK. this guitar was/is super sweet. beautiful tone and a riot to play.

just thought i'd share.

....... i'm thinking seriuosly about this one but i've been holding out thinking i'd like a relatively new BK. this guitar was/is super sweet. beautiful tone and a riot to play.......

Wasn't it John Lennon who said 'life is what happens to you when you're planning something else' ? [blink]

Wasn't it John Lennon who said 'life is what happens to you when you're planning something else' ? [blink]

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" [blink]

From "Beautiful Boy" which is a very beautiful song.

... i'm thinking seriuosly about this one but i've been holding out thinking i'd like a relatively new BK. ...

Go for it. Spend some time with it. If it turns out to not be what you want then sell it. There's been a couple "older" guitars I let go after "thinking" about the purchase too much - years later I'm still kickin' myself for not taking them home.

looks just like this one only a little darker. note the gibson logo on the pickguard. i've never seen that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-GIBSON-ACOUSTIC-B-25-B25-b25-1967-MODEL-/160454323678?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item255bd2adde

I think that was something they did during the "Mark" period. Those Gibson's with a futuristic 'Populux' shaped pickle fork headstock and trumpetine bridge. [biggrin]

At least this one didn't get the full 'googie' treatment. :)

Hi CK -- I was curious re your B-25 decision because I have a B-15 same year -- but after a year of it being my main guitar I've relegated it to the bedside: only way I can describe it is as an "introverted" instrument -- it does wonders for the player but the gorgeous resonance and life in it doesn't seem to translate outward to anyone listening. So now my B-15 is played for me and me alone.

I'm on a farm on the north shore of L. Erie, about halfway between Port Stanley and Long Point... closest I've ever played to you was the Tilbury fair a year ago.

My website is www.musicbyfirelight.com

Is it considered bad form to announce one's website in a separate post here?

Archived