Gibson Brands Forums

Apologists - where do you come from?

Riverside

You act as if these people who "laid down money" wont get their money back. The entire plant was flooded a few months ago. Think real Skippy. Now pull the stick out your pooper and play some fuggin guitar

I play what I've got - but you should re-read the threads.

Folks aren't *****ing about when - their upset about the if part.

How is it, do you suppose, that G's authorized resellers got it so wrong? Was it them, or was it the firm?

Why won't the firm stand up?

That's the issue.

Folks who got their money back are already talking about spending it elsewhere.

Genius marketing move, that.

Why do you care? Does it make your stuff shinier?

That's the point of this thread.

Why is it Gibson's fault that a lot of dealers have taken pre-orders and that they might have more orders than guitars. You do a pre-order and you take your chance if your not willing or wanting to take that risk then don't do a pre-order go buy one from a store that is in stock.

I don't understand the issue at all just because you want something or even order it from a reseller why is Gibson responsible to tell you anything period since when is life guaranteed.

And even if that wasn't the case Nashville and Gibson have a pretty good excuse right now.

Why is it Gibson's fault that a lot of dealers have taken pre-orders and that they might have more orders than guitars. You do a pre-order and you take your chance if your not willing or wanting to take that risk then don't do a pre-order go buy one from a store that is in stock.

I don't understand the issue at all just because you want something or even order it from a reseller why is Gibson responsible to tell you anything period since when is life guaranteed.

And even if that wasn't the case Nashville and Gibson have a pretty good excuse right now.

It's not about excuses like floods. It's about whether or not the firm will honor the commitments of their authorized resellers.

The resellers are Gibson's representatives. They represent that that they can deliver what they offer for sale. It's part of the contractual relationship that must certainly exist between manufacturer and dealership.

I didn't make it up, they did. That is, unless there really isn't such a strong relationship after all. That seems very likely to me, given my past experience with manufacturing and dealerships.

If it looks like all is not well between manufacturer and dealers, what is it to you? That's the question here.

Like those before you, it seems you have you missed the point.

Here's a simple question:

Why do you care?

Perhaps Gibson is not in the driver's seat.

In my past experience, often times the dealer (who looks to us like the manufacturer's representative) is really in the position to dictate what they will buy/sell/etc.

Could be Gibson has their **** in the dirt and just can't bring themselves to admit it.

Either way, it ain't no way to inspire customer loyalty.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - if G cant satisfy a handful of loyal end users, they aren't worth the investment.

Honestly I don't care about your endless complaining on this topic - but even a better question why do you keep asking the same question over and over and then whine and get mad when people don't agree with you?

The Gibson company did not promise you a guitar and they are not the owners or agents of the shops that sell them so again why are they responsible.

Bottom line Gibson isn't having problems selling this low cost model so again just because you want one isn't a guarantee that you'll get one or two or whatever you order that's kind of the whole concept of pre-ordering a limited product so you have a better chance of getting one than if you just waited for one to show up in a store.

If you order a custom guitar from a builder chances are you'll get it if you pre-order from a store and they get 50 guitars after they sold 100 - well than half the people get a guitar and the other half get the money back.

it's been that way for decades.

The Gibson company did not promise you a guitar and they are not the owners or agents of the shops that sell them so again why are they responsible.

If you order a custom guitar from a builder chances are you'll get it if you pre-order from a store and they get 50 guitars after they sold 100 - well than half the people get a guitar and the other half get the money back.

it's been that way for decades.

Oh, but they did promise a guitar to a lot of folks who just got their orders cancelled. It wasn't an offer for a custom guitar, and it doesn't matter to a lot of folks if it takes a long time. Or if "it's been that way for decades".

As I've said before, I don"t even care if I get one or not.

My question for you is: why do you feel the need to defend them?

Is that so hard to fathom?

Ok I give up, In court they call these kind of questions " Asked and Answered" since your question has been answered over and over but you either don't get it or don't like the answer so you want to argue so to be very clear

Your Wrong and I don't care anymore!

You asked what I honestly thought was a real question, I tried like several others to give you a honest answer but it's not my role to teach you how life works so good luck with whatever you decide on your Gibson quest.

Ok I give up' date=' In court they call these kind of questions " Asked and Answered" since your question has been answered over and over but you either don't get it or don't like the answer so you want to argue so to be very clear

Your Wrong and I don't care anymore!

You asked what I honestly thought was a real question, I tried like several others to give you a honest answer but it's not my role to teach you how life works so good luck with whatever you decide on your Gibson quest. [/quote']

Well, you never did say why you cared.

Asked and answered indeed. Why do any of you care about the topic?

I may be wrong, and I may be whining (of course, I don't think so) - but I haven't seen you declare just what your interest is in the issue.

Tell me why you care.

If you don't have one of these on order - say so!

If you don't want one. say so!

If you have nothing else to say, say so!

Otherwise, tell .me why you care.

I believe the problem is simple communication break down. I work for a major USA company, known worldwide and experience this all the time.

I'm sure GC and others like them were told of the pre sell and instructed to take orders. The people on the front lines had no clue as to how many they would get and what stores would get them.

Now I'm sure certain people higher up in the chain knew/knows whats going where and how many but those cats live in a different world. They surely didn't think there was any hurry to give out the info and never could've foreseen the flood happening.

Before ya know it you got yourself a "Royal Cluster F***"

Now as the dust starts to settle the movers and shakers at the top realize that the want far exceeded the number in the pipeline.

This is why slowly orders are starting to be canceled and people's frustrations are growing.

At this point why both companies don't man up and say mistakes were made in handling the situation is anyones guess.

Although that rarely happens in todays society

by companies or people.

Shame really.

Some people just don't seem to know how to deal with the real world.

Let's see - you don't like it that a big flood destroyed Gibson's production. So you don't like God.

Then you crab at everybody who says anything about it because you can't get your super high end whatever-it-was. So you don't like all the other customers.

Why don't you go tell your mommy? [confused]

Some people just don't seem to know how to deal with the real world.

Let's see - you don't like it that a big flood destroyed Gibson's production. So you don't like God.

Then you crab at everybody who says anything about it because you can't get your super high end whatever-it-was. So you don't like all the other customers.

Why don't you go tell your mommy? [confused]

And too many people on this forum seem to be to stupid to understand the point of this thread.

Hey, Surveyor, no need for that.

Some of you guys that order those guitars are turning into a some sort of angry mob and don't care for any answers unless the answer is that you will for sure get one of those guitars and some maybe an apology from Gibson. [confused]

Those of us who live in Tenneessee have a different perspective, I know you do not care that the palnt was flooded, that isn't your problem after all. Your problem is that you do not have a guitar that was in production due to an act of God but that is not a reason it is an excuse ha?

Then the shift goes into details of distribution that are never released in any other situation and Gibson must make an exception? no, they, don't.

I hope you guys get your guitars because the rest of us can't take more 50's Tribute threads!!

There was never a point to this thread. there is no answer for it. Contact Gibson directly.

EDIT: I just looked at your last 10 posts, yep squeaky wheel, complainer. Contribute more whine less.

Talk with your parent or guardian. They could teach you not to fib about how many guitars you have on order and how to deal with the real world, like a real person.

They just started a forum for complaints. Mr. J moderates the forum and has been answering questions directly. You can email him directly. But you can't be anonymous. Just like in the real world. ;)

Archived