Gibson Brands Forums

Actual Thread about Music

Artie Owl

Ok, I feel I need to offer an alternative to the deep conversations that are going on about corks and avatars;

Stevie Ray Vaughan's Couldn't Stand the Weather is getting a 20th Anniversary release to honor the guitarist since his passing, and it's going to have two discs, one with previously unreleased live concert audio, and a booklet with info written by one of the editors of Guitar World

SRV 20th Anniversary Couldn't Stand the Weather

Pretty Sweet, his music is very powerful makes you want to pick up a guitar.

SRV-Couln_t-Stand-The-Weather-LE-COVER.jpg

Pigeons Cancelled Kings of Leon Concert;

Apparently at a Ampitheatre in St. Louis a Kings of Leon concert was cut short by a huge flock of dive bombing pigeons.

The opening acts came off the stage covered in crap.

What was the last straw? Apparently one of the musicians almost catching a load of poop in the mouth, after only THREE songs! Crazy.

Source at Ultimate-Guitar

Would you have kept on keeping on under those conditions?

Rush fan attempting to sue Rush.

Apparently after traveling across a few states and purchasing his ticket/accomodations Rush Cancelled the show he planned on going to due to bad weather. He's suing for breach of contract because the event ticket said "Rain or Shine"

Scary possible for precedence in court for fans suing bands that don't preform?

Rush Lawsuit

I lived in Austin when he died. I never got to see him live. You know, "he's here all the time, I'll catch him sometime...." I can still remember it like it was yesterday sitting in Zilker Park stunned... Memories

Pretty Sweet' date=' his music is very powerful makes you want to pick up a guitar.

[/quote']

Yes it does. When I was 12 I already knew the guitar was for me, but that was the year Couldn't Stand the Weather came out, and that changed the way I wanted to play the guitar. Soon as I heard Scuttle Buttin' I was hooked, by the time "Tin Pan Alley" was over and Stevie was ripping into "Honey Bee" it was all over. I was infected with the Blues, and they had to be driven by Thunder and Lightening. Little did I know that was the first step on a journey that would take me through Albert Collins, Lonnie Mack, T-Bone Walker, Willie Dixon, Lightening Hopkins, Buddy Guy, Freddie King, Albert King, Elmore James, and countless other blues artist.

Yep, That Album really set off a big chain reaction for me.

August 27th, 1990, I had no reason get out of bed.

I'll be picking up any new SRV material. I have a small collection of boot-leg and other live SRV music.

I saw him twice. The first time when he was consuming mass quantities of alcohol and other. The 2nd time when he was sober - Sober was much better (though both were good and better than I'll ever play).

I saw SRV before he "made it." It was a free concert at my university (Fall Fest). The funny thing was that Cyndi Lauper was up BEFORE him. All the teenie boop wanted to get out of there and I crawled my way up right to the stage. I could almost touch SVR from where I stood. Needless to say, he blew me away...

Archived