Gibson Brands Forums

Game: Confessions

Silenced Fred

Hi' date=' my name is Nathan, and I'm a hack at guitar who sticks to chords, some riffs, and really crappy solos [biggrin']

Your turn.

This defines every guitarist on Earth...

Except for Prince. [biggrin]

My confession is that I'm not really a very big Prince fan. I respect him and I think he's a capable musician, but I've never made it through one of his albums without skipping tracks in the middle.

Well...

My name's my name...

Twiz, you'd be tempting fate where I live if you left the seat up. <grin>

Shred... Yeah, I like sci fi too. Current favorite of all time hasta be David Drake. We're about the same age, somewhat similar background except he was smart enough to finish uni. He's a classical scholar and Vietnam vet (I'm not) who has put a lotta that stuff together into some great books.

I'm just an old "I wanna play everything" picker. That ranges from rock to country to folk to finger style renditions of swing and blues and pop and anything else you can imagine. Got funny looks at a staff meeting this morning when I had to confess that I don't listen to much "outside" music on radio or whatever unless I'm being paid to play that style or that piece. I don't think anybody there really understood what I meant.

Tyler... If you fail at bar chords, quit playing in bars... <chortle>

m

Archived