Gibson Brands Forums

The worse thing that happen to your axe was?

Dio-bass

that .25 tale is sumthin' else...

I did know a cop who caught a .25 acp in the knot of his necktie - or at least so he and others told it years ago. Through the windshield, into the clip-on necktie.

Actually I was going to add that I didn't and should have mentioned yet again how "Off" took off the finish of a classical guitar I had many years ago.

m

Easily-

Broken headstock on my LP Smartwood. This being a Gibson forum, I am surprised so few have been through this.

Also had a mexi-squire partscaster stolen from a gig. I just scratched my head. The pawnshop probably gave him $20 for it. It was $10 too much.

Playing a fourth of July gig at a rough bar in Camp Verde Arizona years ago and I ended up with a bullethole from a 25 auto in my LP. Don't even know for sure when it happened hopefully while it was in the stand on stage and not while I was playing it but it was such a loud bar nobody ever even heard the pistol shot.

WOW I see a song in there! Hell even a Movie maybe! Get writ'en man!

[blush]

Watch out for ceiling fans! My new es 355 custom as I was removing the strap from my shoulder met my ceiling fan, luckily no damage but I just about ripped the fan out of the ceiling after wards and tied it into a knot.

I let my friend play my LP and he played "Memories". That was the worst thing that

happened to my axe.

Ha! My brother and I do this all the time. One will pick up the other's git and play the worst song they can think of. Last time I rocked out some Pina Colada Escape on his custom archtop. In return, I got the Titanic movie song ripped on my #1. Now I got to top it.

ceiling fan story that's been told on here before but lots of new people. I had not been gigging much and a old friend opened a small neighborhood bar and he begged for weeks for us all to get together and play fo a small 150 or so grand opening party mostly good friends and family we got there and they had a small stage raised probably 3 feet off the stage and just big enough for a four piece maybe five if there friendly. anyway we palyed about a 90 minute gig and everybody was whistling and clapping yelling etc, so I stand up and raise ny guitar just to salute the crowd or whatever and yep ceiling fan Whack that everbody could here and silence until my drummer starts laughing and cracking jokes and I kinda slink off stage with a custom shop 63 firebird with a nice big headstock divot.

people still point out fans now when were gonna play

Archived