Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie Here

Zeek

Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm new to the forum but not to guitar playing. Started playing at age13 and been doing it for 47 years. Believe it or not, you never stop learning even at my age. I have a 67 riviera and a 01 dot and love'em both. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all. Keep up the good work and just have fun playing.

ZEEK

god you're old. way to old to be having fun. you better take a nap, grandpa!

Say did they have steam powered guitars back in the day? Bet that made you shout 23 skidoo!

What kinda music you play when the arthrity hits? Lots of tremolo, I bet!

TWANG

ps

4/09/49

my first song was 'Louie Louie'.

Welcome aboard Zeek, there's a ton 'o kool people here, tell you whatever you wanna know about yer axe(s), but I gotta warn you, be prepared for the endless comparisons to Gibsons, serial number checks, shouting matches, and heated discussions about religion, and politics. Just kidding, good to have ya!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to having a great time here. I'll do my best to answer all of you.

Twang: Back in the day I played a lot of good ole rock & roll, you should have seen the steam roll out. Really into playin the blues, a little smooth jazz, and good ole R & R. I also play on two praise bands for my church. Thanks for askin.

Matiac: I've seen a few threads on comparing the two. Some guys take it way to seriously. Mostly they're just funny. Thanks for the welcome.

Nickblues: How ya doin?

suicidehummer: Hey, when you're my age you can get away with a lot more. That's what's fun. Good Luck to you.

gothsloth: Thanks for the welcome.

Randy: It sure can get nutty here at times. See ya around.

If I missed anyone I apologize. Looking forward to talking to you all in the future. Keep it light.

Zeek

god you're old. way to old to be having fun. you better take a nap' date=' grandpa!

Say did they have steam powered guitars back in the day? Bet that made you shout 23 skidoo!

What kinda music you play when the arthrity hits? Lots of tremolo, I bet!

TWANG

ps

4/09/49

my first song was 'Louie Louie'.

[/quote']

Damn, Twang... That made me laugh out loud!

(No offense, Zeek.. But it was kinda funny..)

Steam powered guitars!

Welcome, Zeek!

Archived