Gibson Brands Forums

buy/sell/trade

slagg

what are the odds of getting a b/s/t box on this forum?like stuff you can't use or whatever.

About the same as Britney Spears being selected mother of the year. Epiphone is in the business of selling guitars, amps and accessories and they pay the bills around here and it wouldn't be in their best interests to help someone sell something they might possibly be able to sell them. They do have buy and sell areas in other forums like the Unofficial Martin Forum but it's just that, not the official Martin forum so it can. This is the actual company web site. They're not going to allow anything that takes from their sales.

...and Al's your uncle.

what are the odds of getting a b/s/t box on this forum?like stuff you can't use or whatever.

Just put B/S/T in the header and list what you got.

No objections to that, I wouldn't think.

More than one non gibson/epiphone product has been sold or traded in these forums.

I don't think anyone minds. Just not a separate thing for it...

Well; I just went back and re-read the forum rules and theres no mention of selling or trading on the forum. It looks like if we did in the proper manner we could have " For Sell Or Trade " threads.

True. But I don't want to see this place become the marketplace for wanna be dealers to spam selling their crap. Regular posters who contribute, fine. No problem with them occasionally selling something. Setting this place up as an on line shop... and that includes someone who only hangs around waiting to sell something...nope. There's E Bay and Craigslist for that and if you want to be a dealer get $30K together and open a Music Go Round.

...and Al's your uncle

True. But I don't want to see this place become the marketplace for wanna be dealers to spam selling their crap. Regular posters who contribute' date=' fine. No problem with them occasionally selling something. Setting this place up as an on line shop... and that includes someone who only hangs around waiting to sell something...nope. There's E Bay and Craigslist for that and if you want to be a dealer get $30K together and open a Music Go Round.

...and Al's your uncle[/quote']

I quite agree!

I see no problem at all with selling your used stuff or trading it in here.

I can't see that it would become a dealer mecca.. there aren't enough people in here to bother with in the first place.

I would like to see active b/s/t threads however.. I, for one, wind up with used parts quite a bit at my shop, and I'd much rather skip the ebay fees, and hassle, and just cut a good deal for epi fans. If there's a problem with that, I don't know what it would be.

behringer stomp compressor. dano fab tone.. I've got a bunch of things like pickups, etc... that are used and in great shape. Much rather give epi guys a deal.

And what are 'wanna be' dealers? Dealers you don't like? Oh.. I know. you're talking about those guys from GC!!

yeah, we don't want that. *g*

I'd say if you have something you're looking for, which happens all the time in here, or sell because you don't use it anymore.. something you're willing to trade.. go for it any time.

I was going to list some stuff I want to sell off in here first.. and knock the price down as well.

Man, you get some odd stuff accumulated after a while!

True. But I don't want to see this place become the marketplace for wanna be dealers to spam selling their crap. Regular posters who contribute, fine. No problem with them occasionally selling something. Setting this place up as an on line shop... and that includes someone who only hangs around waiting to sell something...nope. There's E Bay and Craigslist for that and if you want to be a dealer get $30K together and open a Music Go Round.

...and Al's your uncle

I agree that we dont want this to become nothing but a " swap & shop " but it could be done. On the UMGF they have a special B&S section for those types of threads. Or, being that we can PM now. One could post a thread and state what they have to sell and give instructions to P.M. if interested.

yah. that's my point though. It wont become anything else.. but what it is. I don't really expect many of us have much we want to sell or trade, or think would go in here, anyway.

This isn't gonna be a very good place for top dollar, and it isn't going to be a place where there would be enough interest.. on top of this not being a place to mess with...

you see how many of these guys plays sheris?

those suckers are heavy when swung.

TWANG

I think the fact that this place isnt a place where you could swindle people is a good thing.

A formal BUY SELL TRADE thread might attract randoms, so I think it may be better to keep it on a case by case basis, or maybe...just put it in your sig when you have something to sell!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2003 Gibson 498T bridge hum out of LP Studio. Its chrome covered with at least 8- 9" of leed.

2 wire conductor.

Id like to trade for a nice neck humbucker(Gibson,Duncan,Dimarzio) along the lines of med output ala Jazz,59n,APII,PG,etc.... or a nice set of GFS crunchy PAT's could work as well.

PM me if interested.

Thanks.

dscn6484jt3.th.jpg

dscn6482xk6.th.jpg

I try my best to leave pressure completely out of it.

I honestly don't care where you get parts or whatever.

I don't try to sell my kits or builds in here, but I'll answer queries.

Hey.. By monday I'll own three epi guitars, two epi amp heads and one epi spkr cab.

Sound like I don't promote or support epi?

Look at it this way..

suppose I decide to get rid of the lp100 I've got coming... my sons friend doesn't like the color or some crap..

don't you realize I'd rather tell you guys first?

you know epis. you know what the deal was I got on it, it's posted!

And if I can bypass ebay and do some epi guy a deal he likes.. epiphone is hurt somehow?

Know your limits.

Realize the situation you're in, the website provided for you.

I certainly think if someone said the had some pups, or tuners, or the like.. epiphone wouldn't mind.

and another thing.

who do you think you're fooling?

You junkies are going to be interested in buying a lot more often than you are with parting with anything!

Guys got a nice pup to sell or trade.. just like we all do.. some have things others would like.. used.. nice price..

that's no harm no foul to me.

If the Epimasters disagree, you wont hear a peep out of me in argument.

In the end it's their website. And look around. We're pretty good police ourselves, you know.

We don't want to see anyone ripped off.

Give yourselves some credit. I wouldn't come in here if it was full of typical chatroom/newsgroup geeks.

TWANG~

Out of all the websites I've ever seen' date=' this is the only one where somebody didn't try to sell me something everytime I logged on. Whether its popups or streaming ads or whatever, I've always enjoyed the absolute (almost, Twang) lack of sales pressure upon my time here. I would really, really, REALLY hate to lose that.[/quote']

I'm on another, (non-guitar) forum where I have close to 5K posts.

There's a B-S-T area there that's heavily and properly controlled by the fellow members.

A n00b comes along with their first post and tries to sell something bogus, they get slammed.

A n00b comes along and they want to buy something, they're usually referred to a 'proper introduction' area.

It's generally a case by case thing ruled by a common bond on the forum.

Seems to work okay. . .but I admit it can get a little high maintenance. lol

I mean, if I do someone wrong here, anyone can call me out. If I don't have a good answer or response, how much credibility would I have? Not much I suspect.

The root of where I'm coming from is that this is the Epiphone forum. I have a reasonable expectation to do some business here and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. Should there?

Now that I've got that off my chest. . .

Anyone got a Nighthawk for sale? :D

Archived