Gibson Brands Forums

tell me about your les paul

13yguitarman

Ha...I probably made that sound more interesting then it really is. I hated that glossy new look. So I took the coarse green side of a yellow/green kitchen-sponge. I used green soap to soften the process. Since I was really just scratching the guitar enough to remove the gloss.

. Hope that helped or amused you either way.:-)

Yes, it did both. Thank you, sir!

Coca Cola Classic works really well too' date=' you just gotta soak it longer...[/quote']

Are you kidding? I used that stuff(albeit the regular variety) to clean the rust of my bike! Doesn't it get all sticky?

Hey, Matiac .... I never entertained the idea of a blue guitar before , but yours is very sweet !!! :cool:

Well thank you kind sir. It's kinda kool all the complements I get on that guitar, for looks and the few people I've let play it, but yeah, she's definately a keeper!

Okay...

First, I have my 1995 Epi Les Paul Standard. This is a korean made, but has a bolt-on neck, which I've rarely seen amongst the standards. I've replaced the pickups with zebra GFS Fat Pafs. the rest of the electronics and hardware are stock, and have been absolutely rock solid for well over a decade now. This picture alongside my Dot is awful, but you get the idea:

twinsnew.jpg

This is my 2007 Gibson Les Paul Studio Vintage Mahogany. It's 100% stock, with the Alnico V Burstbucker Pro pickups. Wow! the sound on this thing is amazing, and the flat finish on the neck is just a pleasure to play:

my494frontall.jpg

Are you kidding? I used that stuff(albeit the regular variety) to clean the rust of my bike! Doesn't it get all sticky?

Well, yeah, but once it's stained, you just rinse it off, trust me the color won't come out, but yeah, it'll take paint off'n a car too!

Archived