tell me about your les paul

13yguitarman

Ok, here's what I got:

2004 Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt-top in trans blue

Pickups: 1974 Gibson T-top open coil pickups

Bridge: Gotoh

Tailpiece Gibson TP6 milled to fit Epiphone posts

Allparts jack, and toggle switch

Allparts pearloid 3 ply pickguard (recently removed, if anyone wants it)

Techy re-dressed the frets, even though it didn't really need it, just made them better. I took what was basically a fantastic guitar, and made it even better, it didn't really need modifications, I just did most of it because I could.

308711244.jpg

dscn6412zf1.jpg

Mines a 2003 MIK LP Custom. 2 pickup Black Beauty. Nothing really needed changing as it was pretty Killer stock.

I did change the pickups too Duncan Custom Custom/APII and it sounds like a very high $$$ player at a fraction of the cost.

The stock Grovers on Mine are solid no matter how much hand vibrato or bending I do.

I plan on buying more Epi's Very soon.

My epi kills your epi...:-)

Here's mine

Replaced PU with Seymours Alnico2 Pros(don't need no stinkin Slash Signature ...love his playing. But you basicly just need a Alnico2 fitted standard LP thru Marshall for that Slash-vibe.). Peter Green-mod. reversed the magnet from the neckPU, rotated the PU itself but that's just for show. Replaced the switch, antiqued the finish. Removed the highgloss. Stained the plastic with my secret coffee-recipy.

Epigreen.jpg

My epi kills your epi...:-)

Here's mine

Replaced PU with Seymours Alnico2 Pros(don't need no stinkin Slash Signature ...love his playing. But you basicly just need a Alnico2 fitted standard LP thru Marshall for that Slash-vibe.). Peter Green-mod. reversed the magnet from the neck. Replaced the switch' date=' antiqued the finish. Removed the highgloss. Stained the plastic with my secret coffee-recipy.

[img']I don't need no stinkin Slash Signature[/img]

Hey, uh, Rick? I know about the coffee trick, I did that to the selector knob on mine, but don't worry, yer secrets safe with me!!!:-

pics' date='mods,colors whatever[/quote']

They're made out of wood, they've got strings and wires and stuff. Lots of metal things attached to them and some plastic too and some day I'm going to paint one orange like a traffic cone.

...and Al's your uncle...and my Les Paul is your Epi's daddy.

Stock Epiphone LP Plus Top, OK I added Speed knobs.

Every guitar I've got has had mods.

This one to my amazement needs Nothing. a TP-6 Tailpiece is usually a must-have for me due to the fact that I hate micro-tuning to death using machine heads. This LP needs nothing in that area because it simply stay tuned the way a great guitar should. As for the pickups, well even though they smoke, I am getting a Dimarzio DP-100 for the bridge.

More than likely I will de-cap the PAF pro and throw it in the neck.

It's definitely going up front, but the de-cap may wait until I've tried it out covered.

That bridge PAF Pro (clone) may be just what the DP-100 needs next to it.

guits033.jpg

guits032.jpg

guits030.jpg

guits027.jpg

guits024.jpg

guits019.jpg

guits018.jpg

guits017.jpg

My SG Custom with:

Sperzel Locking Tuners/SH-6 Distortion Pickups Mid-Bridge/Gotoh Bridge/TP-6/Switchcraft toggle & Jack/

Alpha 500k Push-Pulls for SH-6's /Original Bridge '57 + pickup moved to the neck position, reversed.

158400163.jpg

Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet (2005):

Lace Alumitone P-90's/TP-6 tailpiece replaced a Bigsby B-50 (due to breakage.)

WhiskeyNewYear232.jpg

On the topic of coffee staining,this 79 fender ash body is coffee stained and shot clear,did it back in the early 90s.

joeperrystrat2.jpg

And my poor old 92 Les paul Std looked like this when I got her,

epilespaul2.jpg

And currently looks like this:

Picture104.jpg

Pretty much the only thing stock is the wood.

My LP Custom "Chrome Ltd Ed" from Saein Korea (on the right) has a GFS Mean P90 in the neck, GFS Crunchy PAF in the bridge (replaced that Dream 180 in the picture). Had originally all chrome hardware, chrome mirror pickguard and chrome pup rings and chrome knobs (found a new home in the Dot, on the left).

Went for the Gibson '57 Custom look; black top hat knobs and a black pickguard with white binding from GFS, orange Gibson 3-way selector, black pup rings, knob pointers etc.

black_pair.jpg

Replaced the switch' date=' antiqued the finish. Removed the highgloss. Stained the plastic with my secret coffee-recipy.[/quote']

Hey Ricochet, I have enough coffee recipes but that antique finishing and highgloss removal sounds interesting. Care to shed some light on that mystery process?

This is Lil' Christian, an Epi Les Paul, Junior of unknown origin and date (no serial number sticker), modified from stock by Seven Works Guitar with vintage Keystone tuners, Charley Christian pickup by Vintage Vibe Guitars and a trapeze tailpiece. I further modified it by removing the trapeze (insufficient downpressure to keep the bridge in place) and replacing it with a GFS Badass (which sits high enough that I mounted it under the slots in the posts, using 1 superthin washer - from an old tone pot - directly on the thimbles. No more tilt, and 2-3/32" action. I also installed an Earvana nut. This is the MOST fun guitar I've ever owne

Purchased:

Oscar006.jpg

Today:

Oscar014.jpg

Mines completely stock atm, except the bridge pickup cover removed.

However, I have some tuners, Tonerider PU's and some wiring coming soon.

Oh, and Ricochet how exactly do you do the peter green mod?

Hey Ricochet' date=' I have enough coffee recipes but that antique finishing and highgloss removal sounds interesting. Care to shed some light on that mystery process?

[/quote']

Ha...I probably made that sound more interesting then it really is. I hated that glossy new look. So I took the coarse green side of a yellow/green kitchen-sponge. I used green soap to soften the process. Since I was really just scratching the guitar enough to remove the gloss.

Replaced the cream backplates with black ones. The plastic input-plate with a brass one. The 3way-toggle with a quality switch and black knob. And removed the silly Rhythm/Treble plate. What? You can't play solos with the neck-PU? Put the Seymour Duncans in, with the Peter Green mod(reversing the neck PU's magnet). Rotated the PU itself but that's just for show since it has no effect on the sound. Replaced the chrome covers with old nickel ones. And finally, aged the PU-rings by sanding and soaking them in the secret coffee recipe. Hope that helped or amused you either way.:-)

EE05

Standard Plus

Tp-6 Tailpiece

Matched Cts pots

Orange Sprague Caps (thinking about changing to Vitamin Q's)

Changed the rings, pickguard and knobs to black

Looking into a new bridge (Only had it one month...bought it new, old stock)

Probably a couple of other things before I get done.

Doing the mods myself for fun and knowledge.

Archived