Gibson Brands Forums

Ordered a new case

RotcanX

Yeah... I'm trying to convince the Canadian distributor for Gator to get in the SG version as well.

Sweetwater is so great man, they called me just to follow up that Epi case I bought for my Junior. I am talking MONTHS later. I highly recommend them to anyone, especially in NOT ordering from MF! Man they really dropped the ball these days it seems. I may get the SG case (new Epi style with the chrome latches) from them too.

Sweetwater is so great man' date=' they called me just to follow up that Epi case I bought for my Junior. I am talking MONTHS later. I highly recommend them to anyone, especially in NOT ordering from MF! Man they really dropped the ball these days it seems. I may get the SG case (new Epi style with the chrome latches) from them too.[/quote']

I have had great service from Sweetwater. Those Gator cases look sweet Spud. I need to get a new case for an old Les Paul and I think that may be the ticket. I have purchsed a couple of other Gator cases and have been happy with them, but not a guitar case. One a flight case for my pedalboard and anothre a case for my Hot Rod Deluxe. Gator also has excellent customer service, I know from personal experience.

Couple years ago, I wanted a cheap, light case for my SG Junior. I figured, $50 for one of the Gator GL cases was just about tops in price, and it promised to be light weight. Best case I own. There are no mechanical latches to break or stick, it fits the guitar like it was made for it (oh, I guess it was) and its so light that I find it easy to handle with the guitar in it!

I was sceptical about a foam case, but its as thick as a normal guitar case, feels like the same stuff ice coolers are made of, but 3" thick, and then a ripstop nylon case is glued onto the outside. Truthfully, anything that would damage a guitar through this case would damage the guitar in a hard case.

Did I mention it weighs less than 1/2 pound? (Well, nearly)

Did I mention it costs about 1/2 a regular case?

yeah I was just looking at the musicians gear les paul case for my epi studio..

I think it's a good price for my needs. not gigging and just needed some light transport and home storage use.

tolex seems not the best.. but I don't bang stuff around anyway.

I'm still debating though. the travelite looks really good to me.

TWANG

Archived