Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone ever?

oldpriest

I bought one of the semi-hollow Les Paul Types, with a lovely amber burst quilted top. It was sold as a blem and with good reason, the inside of the F-holes was pretty ragged and there were several litttle f-ups elswhere. But as far as the playability and sound NO COMPLAINTS!! For $199 I have no regrets.http://

Hi Dana, I love mine...but as I said take heed of the BLEM status But yes they are great guitars...beautiful quilt veneer, an actual 1/4 in maple top, and killer Crunchy Pats Oh yeah I tried to post a picture but my evil twin who is too dumb to do it took over...so youll just have to admire the pic on Jays website!!=D>8-[

Hey Dana, They were made in China. As far as the F-holes I just mixed up a little laquer with a touch of yellow and red stain [behlins] and gave the edges a couple of coats...color matched pretty well and you cant really tell the difference. The problem is more of a cosmetic one rather than a structural or material F-up.

Was just over at the website. How could anyone NOT want to give one of those a try? Not only beautiful looking guitars, but with GFS pickups and all the good recommendations..... (un)fortunately for me the XV-700 Natural Flametop is out of stock. [-o<

I looked at their website yesterday and couldn't believe the prices. I wanted to check the final price so I put one in the shopping cart only to find they wanted to charge me $118 for shipping! I thought "So that's how they make their money."

Then I realized I had the country set to "Afghanistan." #-o

Under $200 inc. shipping and a case. I can't say no.

BBD said: "Then I realized I had the country set to "Afghanistan." d'oh!"

"We can arrange that, you know!", said the recruiter to the fly. Step into my parlor, you know I can't lie. It's true there might be some danger, but bravery will find YOU no stranger! Oh! It's the Army for you, my friend! The Army for youuuuuuuu, ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh.hh.h.h.h.hhhhh.hhhh."

Archived