Gibson Brands Forums

1st visit to Guitar Center..

stan 58

I stopped in to the Appleton Wis. G. C. and for a guy who lives up nort in da UP of Mich. I was impressed. They had alot of very nice lookin Epi SGs and les pauls, and 3 Slash Les Pauls. The prices weren't bad and they sure had alot of gear. The only guitars I thought didn't look as good as the one a own, were the Sheratons, the inlays were dull and fret board wood was dry looking. But on the whole the Chinese made Epis were quite nice. My favorite guitar store in the world is Daves in La Cross, Wis. but I sure wouldn't mind having A G. C. in my little town.Stan.

A gitar center in da UP eh?

Ahh ya gotta be crazy. Den youd haf a bunch a kids makin all kinda nois and soundin like chainsaws on da first day a fall. Nah, ya dont need dat kinda racket dat dos paskainen kids wud be makin wit der lectrified gitars eh.

Watcha need up nort der is an acordeen center where dey can sell sum acordeens ta make sue goodt polka music. An acordeen center dat also sells pasties and huntin camp supplies. Den youd haf somtin der den eh.

Leo Kottke tells the story of his friend who was afraid one day when he had to leave his accordion in his car, unattended and unlocked.

and sure enough, half an hour later when he came back.

the accordion was laying on the street and the car was gone.

A gitar center in da UP eh?

Ahh ya gotta be crazy. Den youd haf a bunch a kids makin all kinda nois and soundin like chainsaws on da first day a fall. Nah' date=' ya dont need dat kinda racket dat dos paskainen kids wud be makin wit der lectrified gitars eh.

Watcha need up nort der is an acordeen center where dey can sell sum acordeens ta make sue goodt polka music. An acordeen center dat also sells pasties and huntin camp supplies. Den youd haf somtin der den eh.[/quote']

Here is a result of technology abuse: "text messaging syndrome"

I was on vacation in UP of Michigan last summer. Keeweenah Peninsula to be more precise. Got a lot of good pasties. The finnish bakery in Houghton was best for pasties, don't remember its name. The stores were full loaded with good booze, not dry like Minnesota where I use to stay. Really enjoyed the Lake Superior air. Will go there again.

You have no GC, but a lot of beautiful environment.

Here is a result of technology abuse: "text messaging syndrome"

Here is a result of somebody NOT getting a joke.

It's supposed to be an accent. He did it on purpose.

Yeah eh, dat Ibby fella aint never been ta da UP I spose. Heed git lost der dats fer sure if he asked where da neerest sauna wus an he couldnt unnerstand wut da locals wus sayin der eh.

I grew up onda sout shore a da big lake der an we usta make ar gitars outa a poplar tree an fifteen ta tirty pound fishin lines.

An Stan knos dat ya dont hafta drive all da way down ta Lansing to see da elderly like dat bridge troll wus tellin ya. All ya gota do is look aroun and yousell see da elderly cus der aint notin but old peple up der in da UP eh.

Archived