Gibson Brands Forums

Got My First Epi Les Paul

Yesterday I received my first Epiphone in the mail. I was going to order the Ace Frehley one but someone grabbed the last one they had so I went with a Standard Les Paul in Heritage Cherry Sunburst. This isn't my first Les Paul but my second one, the first one I got when I was 14 and that was 30 years ago.

I'll have to admit that its a fine crafted instrument and I haven't found too much to argue about except it could need a new set of pick ups

Now I can offically post here

July 2008 015-T.jpg

Welcome in this very friendly forum CC... You have a very nice LP. I love Cherry Sunburst... ( I better love it..my Ultra only come in that color. Lolll )

But just explain me something... You signed as Canadian Charlie...and your location is Southern Europe ????

Working there ?

You will learn to love that guitar. I have the custom in Heritage Cherry flametop. The finish is dazzling.

Finishes are pretty much a personal choice. I just ordered a '56 Goldtop re-issue that should be here by next Friday or Saturday. My wife thought it looked pretty plain and wouldn't have picked a goldtop if it were her choice. I told her, "Honey, it's one of the reproductions of an original early issue Les Paul. The first ones were all Goldtops!" She replied, "I still like your flametop best." So do I , but I always wanted a Goldtop, just for the look. It's not as flashy as a burst or a flametop, but it's an icon.

You will learn to love that guitar. I have the custom in Heritage Cherry flametop. The finish is dazzling.

Finishes are pretty much a personal choice. I just ordered a '56 Goldtop re-issue that should be here by next Friday or Saturday. My wife thought it looked pretty plain and wouldn't have picked a goldtop if it were her choice. I told her' date=' "Honey, it's one of the reproductions of an original early issue Les Paul. The first ones were all Goldtops!" She replied, "I still like your flametop best." So do I , but I always wanted a Goldtop, just for the look. It's not as flashy as a burst or a flametop, but it's an icon.[/quote']

And so your avatar displays your Flametop.... Where's the photos of the Goldtop???:)

P.S Should have said, I own a Goldtop too hence the question...Just like seeing others thats all especially Doug Adrich's:d/

Welcome in this very friendly forum CC... You have a very nice LP. I love Cherry Sunburst... ( I better love it..my Ultra only come in that color. Lolll )

But just explain me something... You signed as Canadian Charlie...and your location is Southern Europe ????

Working there ?

I came for a holiday in 1991, got married, have 5 kids and I'm stuck here in Malta Europe

Before you start replacing the pickups, play the guitar for a while. Also experiment with pickup height. I have five Epi's and a Gibby LP Studio. The Epi pickups are warmer sounding than the Gibby. I am adding a master volume to my Joe Pass. I have carefully set it up and is now my main guitar.

The Studio pickups sound good but not great,,somewhat metalic.

I have a Epi LP Ultra I which sounds great and a 56 Reissue with P90's that can't be beat.

I've notice here that Epi's are moving up in price and Gibby's like the Studio are coming down.

Archived