Gibson Brands Forums

Wondering about Wilshire

RotcanX

There was a post way back when about some magazine article hinting thar Epi was going to re-issue some vintage models à la Wilshire or Crestwood... but according to the pictures from the NAMM show it doesn't look like this is happening any too fast.

N_SummerNAMM08c.jpg

...so much for magazine rumors I guess.

I think those would be the EM-2 EX and FX Prophecy models. As close as I can tell, the bottom row goes Dot, Joe Pass, Sheraton, Prophecy Futura EX, Prophecy Futura FX, Prophecy EM-2 FX, Prophecy EM-2 EX, EB-0, Jack Casady Bass.

And yet, in their "news" there is a section that has "Stacy Mitchhart" featured as

the guest artist (or one of them, anyway) USING a "Wilshire!" So, why show that,

if they're not trying to promote/sell them? Honestly, between what goes on, on the

forum, and some of their "Marketing" practices, anymore...I don't know what to think?

WHY would they distance themselves from their BEST (Elitist) line???

Their (Epi's) "Logic" seems pretty mysterious, anymore. ;>b

CB

I'm also getting the impression that the Elitist line is slowly being 'disowned' by Epiphone' date=' judging by that booth shot.[/quote']

Well, then I'm glad I got every Elitist that I had been hankering for.

I found a Wilshire "in stock" on the amazon.com site. It is the model below:

31v03ShTKCL._SS500_.jpg

And yet' date=' in their "news" there is a section that has "Stacy Mitchhart" featured as

the guest artist (or one of them, anyway) USING a "Wilshire!" So, why show that,

if they're not trying to promote/sell them? Honestly, between what goes on, on the

forum, and some of their "Marketing" practices, anymore...I don't know what to think?

WHY would they distance themselves from their BEST (Elitist) line???

Their (Epi's) "Logic" seems pretty mysterious, anymore. ;>b

CB[/quote']

Maybe because China's still mad at Japan for commiting genocide in WW II, and they (China) figure they make more run-of-the-mill Epiphones, have a bigger piece of the market, and Gibson's unfortunately commited to production in China, so to placate the "political officers" no doubt keeping check on things at Qingdao and the other one, their gonna phase out Elitists to make them happy, because it's probably cheaper for Gibson to have Chinese labor make regular Epi's anyway. Just my paranoid opinion.

but according to the pictures from the NAMM show it doesn't look like this is happening any too fast.

...so much for magazine rumors I guess.

NAMM pictures also showed mockups of the new VJ Senior and the coloured 'iCabs'. I understand they're due to be released in September... Maybe they're waiting for the hype to take off.

Well' date=' then I'm glad I got every Elitist that I had been hankering for.

I found a Wilshire "in stock" on the amazon.com site. It is the model below:

[img']http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31v03ShTKCL._SS500_.jpg[/img]

Yeah... these bad boys are for sale in OZ for about $350 but you only find white or cherry on offer .Good gear hey! but if only they came with p90s

cheers

W W

Yeah... these bad boys are for sale in OZ for about $350 but you only find white or cherry on offer .Good gear hey! but if only they came with p90s

cheers

W W

Hey Willy, do you know where, I would love to get one. I could order it and get them to post t it to North Qld.

Cheers mate

Ken

And yet' date=' in their "news" there is a section that has "Stacy Mitchhart" featured as

if they're not trying to promote/sell them?[/quote']

Well, that's obviously the model that they were selling at MF last year.

Definite second about offering these models with the correct P-90s and mini hums. Who needs a funny-shaped G-400?

Maybe because China's still mad at Japan for commiting genocide in WW II' date=' and they (China) figure they make more run-of-the-mill Epiphones, have a bigger piece of the market, and Gibson's unfortunately commited to production in China, so to placate the "political officers" no doubt keeping check on things at Qingdao and the other one, their gonna phase out Elitists to make them happy, because it's probably cheaper for Gibson to have Chinese labor make regular Epi's anyway. Just my paranoid opinion.[/quote']

Will somebody please get G&F a COFFEE?

Archived