Gibson Brands Forums

Get Your GAS Money Out, Boys!!!

Just Strum

Yeah, but it's always "Buyer Beware!" One of the "one of a kind" Riviera's is clearly a "Mod!" LOL!

But, there are some awesome guitars for sale, there. One '64 Riviera was in unbelievable condition.

If it was "refinished" (though it wasn't claimed to be), it was done really well!

Get out your "GAS" masks!

CB

There does seem to be a lot more of the middle tier of collectibles out and for sale in the world these days. Stuff people bought, held on for a few years and now trying to get the price they projected. Many are finding out that just being old doesn't make a guitar worth more money. Gotta have some cachet, or link to someone famous, to be collectible these days. I think it possible this downturn in the world's (and especially America's) economy will change the face of collecting yet again.

I've never "collected" guitars, or anything else, for that matter. I bought, and still have, a lot of guitars...

But, it was because I loved them, not for their "collectibility." Even so, they've turned out to be better

investments (cost vs. return/appreciation), than most "Stocks!" LOL! And, not nearly as volatile, either.

CB

That's okay' date=' I still owe $600 from my [i']last[/i] GAS attack.

Yes, but the fear of Elitists being phased out concerns me more that rising fuel prices and the polar ice caps. Talk about some screwed up priorities. And I'll probably vote for McCain as the annual tax rebate is just about enough for a new Elitist [fill in the model here].

Yes' date=' but the fear of Elitists being phased out concerns me more that rising fuel prices and the polar ice caps. Talk about some screwed up priorities. [/quote']

I'm SO glad, someone has their priorities, in order! Maybe we need to send Al Gore an "Elitist,"

to go with his attitude! No, on second thought, why waste a perfectly Great guitar, and an

"Endangered" one, as well!

:>b

CB

Archived