Gibson Brands Forums

almost ready...

Mr. E

to start "playing" again. i have my gear almost ready and i want to know what you think.

guitar: Epiphone special 2 with vintage 59 at the bridge with one volume pot (maybe)

amp: vox valvetronix 50 watt

effects/looper/etc.: i'm thinking of getting a digitech jamman, a gnx300, or a gnx4. which is better?

Anyway, tell me what you think.

to start "playing" again. i have my gear almost ready and i want to know what you think.

guitar: Epiphone special 2 with vintage 59 at the bridge with one volume pot (maybe)

effects/looper/etc.: i'm thinking of getting a digitech jamman' date=' a gnx300, or a gnx4. which is better?

Anyway, tell me what you think.[/quote']

Mmm, I think I want pics...

i just need to put it together which i'm doing.

well' date=' except for the looper and effects, i dont know which one to get...[/quote']

I'd say individual effects, personally, though you can mod them for some extra versatility.

A wah can be used as a wah, or a volume, and you can put a footswitch on the back to alternate between each.

• 5 months later...

effects/looper/etc.: i'm thinking of getting a digitech jamman' date=' a gnx300, or a gnx4. which is better?

Anyway, tell me what you think.[/quote']

Mr. E,

What did you decide in the end?

Did you get the Jamman? I'm thinking of doing this myself, but have seen hundreds of emails and posts about problems with the Jamman. There's even a whole newsgroup about the unit, and most of the posts on there are full of problem stories.

I'd be interested to hear about your decision.

Thanks,

Anyway, tell me what you think.[/quote']I think this post is worthless...just play fer cumbs sake.](*,)

I think the amp's perfect..but I think the guitar is a bit below par..anything between Studio and above would have been great..about the Processors I'd say GNX4 is great..a bit expensive but amazing...

Just a thought though ..I guess you should have better guitar comparing with the equipments you've got and what you want..

I'm kinda in the same boat as a couple of the other guys. Most of us should put a lot more effort into playing, and a lot less effort into the gear. Gear is something you can aquire after you decide what kind of musician you want to be, and what kind of sound you want.

That Vox is usually a great amp, by the way.

I think the amp's perfect..but I think the guitar is a bit below par..anything between Studio and above would have been great..about the Processors I'd say GNX4 is great..a bit expensive but amazing...

Just a thought though ..I guess you should have better guitar comparing with the equipments you've got and what you want..

I dunno. I've got my SG and my LesPaul Standard and played a couple Explorers at length, in addition to my acoustic, plus some higher end ones at my local shop, and my Special II is my favourite guitar ever. Something about it...

I dunno. The sustain, pitch, fret feel, tone...it all comes together in the Special II. However, it should be noted, mine isn't chinese. I haven't played a newer Special II, so I can't speak for those.

I'm kinda in the same boat as a couple of the other guys. Most of us should put a lot more effort into playing' date=' and a lot less effort into the gear. Gear is something you can aquire after you decide what kind of musician you want to be, and what kind of sound you want.

That Vox is usually a great amp, by the way. [/quote']

Hi Gord,

Where does 'playing' end and gear begin, though? I think that from the moment one decides to use a particular instrument, with particular pick ups (if it's a guitar), machine heads, locking tuners, whammy bar, and so on, one is already getting into 'gear'.

And I think that that's valid. Because it can be the opposite of what you said: gear can help one articulate one's voice as a musician; can give you that voice.

Now, if you're talking about G.A.S. for the sake of it, then I agree with you totally.

Archived