Gibson Brands Forums

Valve Jr. Hot Rod Head

mrd23

Hi Folks,

Does anyone (espcially the Epiphone moderators here) have any more info on a new Valve Jr. Hot Rod Head that's due out in October by Epiphone? I saw something on the SweetWater site that indicated they would have them available early October, but that's the only place i've seen or heard about it.

This new amp is still a 5W head but has gain, volume and reverb controls. The reverb tank can be used standalone with another amp through a dummy load.

Any more info would be appreciated.

Ahh yes, here we go again. What'll it be, what'll it be? It's got gain and a MV, so three gain stages would be nice. That would leave a recovery stage for a foldback reverb off the OT. Or they could just use two stages for the preamp and two for the reverb. Maybe the "gain" is the variable R7 trick? I do hope they didn't resort to using sand that we'll just have to sweep up. 8-[

Hey, have you checked out the Full/Half/Quarter Powerder cathode switch mod they're talking about on the 18watt forum? That could be one of the first hot mods for the VSenior. Too bad it won't work for a SE amp like the VJr, but that's already 5 watt, so waddaya want? :)

http://www.18watt.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20058#196678

Gil...

I think my boss nailed this issue the other day, while we were discussing what appears to be widescale shortages of supply in several different industries. He theorized that the Chinese government yanked workers our of factories to help out with the Olympics. Makes perfect sense....they pulled all stops out for that incredible spectacle, and when I'd read about their preparations about a year ago, they were apparently very concerned about finishing everything in time for the event.

What's up with the ridiculous, cheapo-looking cartoon colors on those cabinets? Yuch.

Archived