Gibson Brands Forums

Red Molson Canadian Rocks Epiphone Electric

BigDog63

Hey all

My son has just aquired a red "molson canadian rocks" edition electric guitar. I have googled it numerous ways and can't seem to find out anything. I was hoping somebody here could tell me about it, or steer me in the right direction. I don't think it's super rare or anything, but I was curious, and my son thinks he has just discovered some long lost treasure from the Epiphone skunk works! It does say Epiphone custom shop on the back of the neck, and it would be cool to know about it at the very least.;)

Looks to be a special "promotion" guitar, possibly ordered by the Molson company, for a series of

AD campaigns. There have been others, over the years...in fact there is a recent one, for "Dunkin'

Doughnuts" on the Epiphone Blog site. I'm just guessing here, obviously, but it seems quite possible.

I too, didn't see any specific references to Molson/Canadian Epiphone guitars...promo or otherwise,

when "Googled." Sorry...

CB

• 4 weeks later...
Sae Jung' date=' China, 2005.

It's worth about $100 US. It's just a Les Paul Junior with a fancy paintjob, and a covered humbucker instead of the usual uncovered.[/quote']

Well at least it's worth more than the Molson "Raw is War" t-shirts they used to

include in cases of 24 Molson Export! Even if it's only worth about $100 US (that's

$122 cdn, hold on to it and keep it in good condition and in ten years time..it

could be worth $150US to someone who collects these things as Molson memorbilia.

I collect Shoultz and Dooley vintage beer steins...and some Genessee Beer cans.

My daughter paid a lot more for those "vintage" beer cans on Flea-Bay than they were worth,

...and that's without the beer in them!

Epiphone's had a few promotion/advertising guitars in the past..wasn't there a "Grinch"

Epi LP last Christmas at some auction?

Fairly regularly, there are a few of these promotional Epis that appear on my local CL. One guy has 2, a Molson and a Coors that he has been trying to sell for at least a year and can't sell them at any cost.

Personally, I'd pay no more than $50 for one to refinish.

• 2 months later...

i have one of the exact same guitars and it may cost about 100-200 but its value far exceeds that. as a collector of guitars, i estimate its worth is probably around 400 - 500. i got mine from may father who worked for molson in edmonton for 27 years (my grandfather was the VP of molson canada for a while (harley deeks) too) and apparently from what i have heard, there were only 400 ever made from that series of molson guitars. it is quite rare (as the lim. ed. logo on the back of the headstock indicates), and is definately worth keeping, even though it isnt the greatest of guitars. these kind of things always appreciate in value. im glad to see someone wondering about this particular guitar. hope i was of some help answering your inquiry.

Not to burst your bubble, but just because you only make 400 of something that isn't especially good doesn't mean it is automatically rare and going up in value. I suppose that in 100 years, if there were only a few of these left in the world, it might be worth good money to a Molson collector.

Not to burst your bubble' date=' but just because you only make 400 of something that isn't especially good doesn't mean it is automatically rare and going up in value. I suppose that in 100 years, if there were only a few of these left in the world, it might be worth good money to a Molson collector.[/quote']

It can worth quite a bit in 25-50 yrs or so, and go along with the Molson Export/Canadian wall clocks, glasses and

other memorabilia that collectors are seeking.

I got an original Matt Brewing co (Utica NY) Shoultz and Dooley mugs. The ones from the 60s, which are no longer

made, although the brewery has numerous others it sells, are worth $400-$500

to collectors. You can get a current production run mug for $50 or less, so that

may provide some reason to hold on to it..and keep it as original and scratch free as possible.

Some other advantage of owning one of these is hanging on your basement bar/rec room

wall.

Archived