Gibson Brands Forums

Another HNGD

Just Strum

I think that's a great looking guitar!

I like black guitars (have 2 myself). I also have a Washburn acoustic that I love.

The neck and body binding looks great with the P90's.

I think you made a wise trade.

BTW how does it sound?

I think that's a great looking guitar!

I like black guitars (have 2 myself). I also have a Washburn acoustic that I love.

The neck and body binding looks great with the P90's.

I think you made a wise trade.

BTW how does it sound?

thanks guys.

It should arrive Monday. It is now a member of my BGC - Black Guitar Collection

Epi Dot, Epi Wildkat, and Washburn Idol Prototype.

Last year, I ordered a Washburn Idol from one of the few places that sells them online. I then sat and waited and waited and waited. I emailed the place and they ignored the emails. I finally just canceled the order. It's hard as hell to find a place that sells the high end Washburn. It's even harder to get them to acknowledge you.

I would like to get your impressions of it when you get a chance.

Last year' date=' I ordered a Washburn Idol from one of the few places that sells them online. I then sat and waited and waited and waited. I emailed the place and they ignored the emails. I finally just canceled the order. It's hard as hell to find a place that sells the high end Washburn. It's even harder to get them to acknowledge you.

I would like to get your impressions of it when you get a chance.[/quote']

I will be sure to do that.

I use to be in to the Washburn acoustics and here's a little gripe on Washburn - They show a lot of guitars on their site, they promote a lot of their guitars, and they announce their latest "great" arrival. However, they have a habit of not having guitars available, their US warehouse. From what I've heard, a number of dealers have dropped them. It's been a wrap on them for the last couple of years.

I do have a guy outside of Philadalphia that was selling acoustic Washburn's and he was thinking about adding electric. If you should decide to give Washburn another shot, I will give you the contact info. However, I honestly think Epi is a better guitar. The one I am getting is just a fluke. I was trying to sell my Peavey for cash and the guy posted this on another forum and I had to have it - has that ever happen to any of you?

I'll give you a rundown on mine when it arrives, but keep in mind it's a prototype. I will say that the folks on the Washburn forum loved their Idols, but the price range is wide, so you have to pay attention to which ones they are raving about.

When I finally canceled my order, the store told me that they were just on the verge of having the guitar drop shipped directly from Washburn. I doubt it. I think they were dragging their feet because their web site was full of Washburn Idol guitars that they don't have in stock. And perhaps Washburn didn't have them in stock either.

Arrived today and is now part of the Black Guitar Collection (I know, the one in the back isn't black).

Jeffery, I will PM you in a couple of days to give you my thoughts, I don't want to overly discuss another brand here.

DSC00470.jpg

Now all I need is the head gear and I can hit the stage.

vader.jpg

Archived