Gibson Brands Forums

this makes me want to hulk out (ebay auction)

eor

link <--

i know i'm broke and all, but i would have bought that. i would have even paid more for it. just to have it. replace the stupid pickups, swap out the hardware for chrome and make it fight the one i already have and sell off the loser. i just like the color. a lot. a really lot.

:-k

Eor,

I feel the pain.That's what GAS is about. Everytime I see a guitar I like, I find another one around the corner calling to me.

I have a modest collection of 7. The wife says if I bring one more into the house she is going to leave me.

(hey wait, maybe I should think about that) Naw, after fourty years together I doubt that anyone else would put up with me.

i had seen that exact guitar up there at least once, if not two other times. i think one sale fell through. went for more that time.

my collection is pretty modest, but all my bases (at the moment) are covered (but i have a lot of bases to cover too, so...) so i try to move up instead of sideways. though i don't see myself seeking out something "better" than an elitist, unless there is something super special about it. like a les paul from my birth year. ](*,)[-X

wow that one nice looking guitar man if it were in australia i would have snapped it up errr if it were buy now of course bargains like that always happen every where except here ,then again i paid $1250.00 for a 1988 les paul custom=d> and i feel your gas pain im buying at the moment a joe perry orville,come to think of it has anyone played a orville guitar id love to hear some stories if ya have..

i like the funny round headstock. though i will say that i think it looks much better bound.

incidentally, it turns out my neighbor has one of these. so i went to check the thing out and i am happy to report that i like mine better. the color is lighter than i had hoped- i'm enamored with those 70s era wine red lps that have darkened and are a murky burgandy color. this was more like kool-aid, and given that its poly, i don't expect it to change much at all. and though i would have changed them, i don't like the gold on wine red at all. also didn't like that you could see the seam in the top so clearly. nitpicking, i know.

it wasn't a big deal to play, either, but i didn't plug it in and it wasn't set up my way. all in all, i guess i'm glad i didn't succumb. although, i could have flipped it for more... but i don't believe in that though. like that jerk on ebay who buys up all the cool semis, changes some knobs and resells them as "lennon epis" at a 50000% markup.

Archived