Gibson Brands Forums

How did you find the Epiphone Forum?

msuspartansfan

Ah, come on, CB - look on the bright side. When was the last time you remembered "White Rabbit"? You, sir, are of a certain age -- as am I -- have you no memories associated with that song? I know I can think of at least one good time for almost any psychedelic song of the 60s or 70s. Well, early 70s anyway. Got married in 74, and that put many of those memory making opportunities out to pasture for a while. Thankfully, I survived that phase of my life and now concentrate solely on the one of the finer things in life; i.e., me.

EDIT: To Thermionik -- Ah, yeahhhhhhh!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did this forum ever go through a "re-set?" Or have a "do-over?" I swear I joined last year, but I had to re-join this month when I got my Epi Firebird. ANYWAY! I originally found this forum when I bought my Epi Dot last year and I was googling for help on how to change pickups. I swear it was an Epiphone forum member with a great, step by step pictorial thread on how he swapped his Dot pickups. I actually used his post, step by step, as my blueprint...

P.S. to snookelputz: We may be around the same vintage. I remember hearing White Rabbit when it was first released on the radio thru the nasal speakers of my folks car...

Did this forum ever go through a "re-set?" Or have a "do-over?" I swear I joined last year' date=' but I had to re-join this month when I got my Epi Firebird. ANYWAY! [/quote']

You are right. An upgrade and many changes were done to the forum. I joined the first one 4 years ago and then quit for a few months....When I came back, the forum had change and I had to re-registered.

For where I found it at first, it was on Epi site.

Did this forum ever go through a "re-set?" Or have a "do-over?" I swear I joined last year' date=' but I had to re-join this month when I got my Epi Firebird. ANYWAY! I originally found this forum when I bought my Epi Dot last year and I was googling for help on how to change pickups. I swear it was an Epiphone forum member with a great, step by step pictorial thread on how he swapped his Dot pickups. I actually used his post, step by step, as my blueprint...

P.S. to snookelputz: We may be around the same vintage. I remember hearing White Rabbit when it was first released on the radio thru the nasal speakers of my folks car... [/quote']

I was a frequent Epiphone Forum visiter in the fall of 2005. The college where I teach had flooded, so we had no classes for a semester. Instead, I sat at the West Bank Campus and did nothing (we were still required to show up to work or we would be fired). So, I learned about all of the changes that had happened to Epiphone since the 1960's through the collective experience of the members here. Unfortunately, I must have said something that was verboten as I was summarily booted off one day. I rejoined in spring of 2008 after entering the witness protection program with a new identity. ;-)

You are right. An upgrade and many changes were done to the forum. I joined the first one 4 years ago and then quit for a few months....When I came back' date=' the forum had change and I had to re-registered.

For where I found it at first, it was on Epi site.[/quote']

So, I was not alone...Thanks, Big Norm...

Ah' date=' come on, CB - look on the bright side. When was the last time you remembered "White Rabbit"? You, sir, are of a certain age -- as am I -- have you no memories associated with that song? I know I can think of at least one good time for almost any psychedelic song of the 60s or 70s. Well, early 70s anyway. Got married in 74, and that put many of those memory making opportunities out to pasture for a while. Thankfully, I survived that phase of my life and now concentrate solely on the one of the finer things in life; i.e., me.

EDIT: To Thermionik -- Ah, yeahhhhhhh!

[/quote']

"One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small...." Ah yes, I DO remember those times...

(portions, anyway)...LOL! As they love to say: "If you remember the '60's, you weren't there!"

Besides, my "Crazy/Cranky" notation was just an observation, of a particular thread...which has

since quieted down, a bit...thankfully. ;>)

CB

I can't remember. That comes with age I guess. Although at 48 (49 come January 1st), I'm younger than many on here.

More than likely I followed a link from another guitar web site (to the old Epiphone forum).

I've been here for uhm....awhile although not as long as other here.

Archived