Gibson Brands Forums

beatle pages.

Stevie Nazarenie

it's basically my home page and they have some silly stuff! but it gets people talking. today is a bit more of a tribute...

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/news/thebeatles-whitealbum.php?vmsrc=vmhpld

"This record became part of the crackpot theory that Paul McCartney was dead and the rest of the band were covering it up." he he!

i gave this it's own thread as the other might get lost amid comments.

The White Album is a "fan-given" name' date=' no ??? Is it not simply called [i']The Beatles[/i] (at least here in the US ??? Things sometimes differ betwixt UK and US releases, so.....I dunno )

Correct. It was just nicknamed or referred to that way, because of the all white cover.

So, in that instance, anyway, the UK and USA agreed! ;>)

CB

To me, this is where the Beatles became a rock band.

Tying into your other thread then, yes the Beatles are overrated -- as a rock band. They were a pop band (a good one) virtually their entire career. Finally, beginning with the White Album they showed us the talent was there to rock-n-roll as well.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Why do we always have to have categories when talking bands? Its such a waste of time. Was Elvis rock or rock and roll? Is Led Zep rock or heavy metal? Beatles pop or rock or rock and roll or dance hall or friggin county jazz bop!!! LOL We clearly have to much time on out hands!](*' date=') [/quote']

Ditto to that!

Really, the fact all these bands are still on peoples minds, is a testament to just how good they actually were. They still inspire, while we aspire!

Archived