Gibson Brands Forums

Some one's gotta have a good opinion

Mattt0192

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So' date=' you all think that's a good tone and something you'd want to compare things to? I have an old Sears Silvertone that sounds better than that noise he's making.[/quote']

A good tone? What are you talking about? He's just comparing the two guitars, playing the same thing, on the same settings. That's all he's doing. He's not trying to compare his "tone" to anything.

And I thought I was argumentative.

I doubt you are serious about at least half of your statements. Most of what you post is to watch people go off.

So' date=' how many Epi's do you own 5, 10, 20...?[/quote']Have you ever played a Silvertone? Do you know who even made Silvertones? Do you doubt an old Danelectro could sound great too?

I doubt you are serious about at least half of your statements. Most of what you post is to watch people go off.

So' date=' how many Epi's do you own 5, 10, 20...?[/quote']Here's one example of a Silvertone...you think I'm fooling? I'm not. They can sound great.

Have you ever played a Silvertone? Do you know who even made Silertones? Do you doubt an old Danelectro could sound great too?

I know nothing more than to be aware of their existence. However, I fail to see your point.

I know you are just busting b's with the - I say up, you say down, I say white, you say black routine.

Marx,

let it out. explain, teach, enlighten. i feel you have a chip you need to knock off. Keep in mind, there are alot of experience levels here. I for one am a newbie. I resently went to a gutiar swap meet and was excited to see a silvertone and a danelectro. but, i was equally surprised to see you can get a very low eqaulity silvertone acoustic at gc if you brought a 10 pk of strings.

so, for the sake of a newbie. give some examples, links to vids, or even a mp3 of what your talking about.

Marx' date='

let it out. explain, teach, enlighten. i feel you have a chip you need to knock off. Keep in mind, there are alot of experience levels here. I for one am a newbie. I resently went to a gutiar swap meet and was excited to see a silvertone and a danelectro. but, i was equally surprised to see you can get a very low eqaulity silvertone acoustic at gc if you brought a 10 pk of strings.

so, for the sake of a newbie. give some examples, links to vids, or even a mp3 of what your talking about.[/quote']Seems to me I already provided a link. :-

Here's one example of a Silvertone...you think I'm fooling? I'm not. They can sound great.

it sounds nice. but, it looks like player abilities and amp are better than the other youtube guy. If your player was to use the sames gibson and epi with his amp, would it not sound the same?

it sounds nice. but' date=' it looks like player abilities and amp are better than the other youtube guy. If your player was to use the sames gibson and epi with his amp, would it not sound the same?[/quote']Ok, take what you just said, relate it back to my original post in this thread, then put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning. I think you'll see my original point then.:-

Ok' date=' take what you just said, relate it back to my original post in this thread, then put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning. I think you'll see my original point then.:- [/quote']

understood.

but, the post is about the guitars in sound comparison from the same player and equipment. It was not about the player skill. yes, if the player was more skilled like your vid selection and the equipment was better, it would sound better.

but, again, how much better would the gibson sound. In the example given they both where close in sound. And , with that i agree that the epi would be the smart buy. If, money where not the focus of this post, i say the epi or gidson. player choice for those reasons we choose things in life, "it fits me".

I am a member over at mylespaul.com and very rarlely visit here. Id like to say thank you. IMO this is the bottom line. People buy Gibson over Epi because there more worried about the name on the headstock than anyhing else. If I hear "yea its good but its no Gibson" one more time Im gonna come flyin through my PC. I tend to say I wasn't an idoit and bought a $3000 guitar, got bent over backwards by Gibson. Put the average person in a room with Jimmy Page paying my Epi and then give him a "real" LP. I bet at least 95% of us out there can't tell difference. If you think you can ..........you can't so don't even!!!! Gibson sells there stuff for that much because they can. Theres a noob out there every minute buying a GIbby who can't play thre ****ing thing.......AT ALL. THATS WHY GIBBY SELL'S THERE STUFF FOR SO MUCH. Our hero's play them Becasue they could care less about money so it makes no difference to them + they dont play for the F in things hope I didnt offend anyone. Im going back to mylespaul now. Thanks guys.

happy holidays

Archived