Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Ebony, Is It Fake?

RenegadeMaster

What if he says it's fake and refund partial amount as he said,, you'd probably get the guitar for half the price...??

Threaten those guys again that you'll complain this site to Epiphone/Gibson and can't afford to post the guitar back and don't want partial compensation..they'd probably give you one authentic Epiphone and let you keep the fake one too ... lol =D> hehe

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if he says it's fake and refund partial amount as he said' date=', you'd probably get the guitar for half the price...??

Threaten those guys again that you'll complain this site to Epiphone/Gibson and can't afford to post the guitar back and don't want partial compensation..they'd probably give you one authentic Epiphone and let you keep the fake one too ... lol =D> hehe[/quote']

+1 for sure. If they're already offering to come off some money to compensate you, they know you've got them by the stones. Grab harder and give a twist... I'd be willing to bet they'll refund all your money and let you keep the guitar before they let you get Epiphone involved, or even worse, law enforcement. Squeeze 'em for everything you can get out of them. In the meantime, send a clear headstock pic and a pic of the serial number to Epiphone, along with a full pic of the guitar. They should be able to track its' authenticity somewhat on thier end as well... then you have leverage against the website you bought from. Worth a try anyway!

Well done that man - I totally support the action you are taking. I agree with the previous poster, get your money back and then get Epiphone involved. You never know, thay might give you a small guitar shaped reward for providing them with cast iron proof that people are misbehaving with their product name. Don't give up!

I think you are definitely going the correct way about this. I know its not very pleasant for you as its a Christmas present, but at least it will highlight a trader who is obviously dealing in fake guitars. Plus, if you get your money back, then all is well!

Best of luck

The Google Order Number was #*******************

But to be honest I don't think a partial refund is any good, Your website advertised

a New Epiphone Les Paul Custom Electric Guitar Ebony, Brand New 100% Satisfaction

Guranteed, and you have provided me with a fake guitar that imitates the product promised,

the only satisfiable conclusion to this problem that I see would be for your website to provide

me with an authentic Epiphone Les Paul Custom guitar, you should not be supplying

fake guitars to people in the first place, this is what I feel

That is the email I sent them today, luckily I sneakily got the order number

from my girlfriends desk draw, she had printed all the details out, but I do feel like

I am abusing her trust now...

ok this is what you should have written.. it sounds really threatening..lol :D/

The Google Order Number was #*******************

But to be honest I don't think a partial refund is any good,

Your website advertised a New Epiphone Les Paul Custom Electric Guitar Ebony, Brand New 100% Satisfaction

Guranteed, and you have provided me with a fake guitar that imitates the product promised, hence partial refund is out of the question. I cannot afford to send the guitar back either,the only satisfiable conclusion to this problem that I see would be for your website to provide me with an Authentic Epiphone Les Paul Custom guitar, otherwise the only conclusion would be that I'll report your website to Epiphone/Gibson for selling fake Instruments and neither you or me would want to see your site closed down and have to compensate (which would result to a couple of Million Dollars) for selling fakes. If I file a case then you/your website would be liable for for compensation under breaching the Intellectual property Act (Trade Mark to be precise), Misleading Advertisement and other similar breach of practices.

I hope you'll act accordingly.

LOL he would have freaked out after seeing this LOL :D/

To some extent, he's probably telling the truth. He may be getting them shipped from Beijing by a business contact/friend/relative, and it may be that none of them know whether what they are shipping is real or fake. The one I got from him is quite different to yours, so he may well be getting them from more than one source.

It might be impossible for him to know for sure if he's sending you a genuine one or a good fake, so he can't promise to do that. It is easy for him to give you a partial refund, and I'd go for that and see what he offers you. I'd stay polite but firm, and don't try threatening him just yet. The thing is, whichever country he's operating in, the police aren't going to be very interested. They'll probably tell you it's a civil law issue between you and him, and he knows you'll find it difficult if not impossible to sue him. He's taken his uk address off his website, so if you p*ss him off he'll just ignore your e-mails and you'll get nothing. Play it nice and try for a reasonable discount. If he won't do that, you have nothing to lose. Then I'd tell him you had made a note of his UK address (it used to be on his site) and will write to Trading Standards Office. That would worry him more than the cops if he's in UK.

He probably has them "drop shipped", meaning once you order from him, he contacts his supplier and has it shipped directly to you from the factory. He would of course assume the factory wouldn't ship a fake, and since he never sees the items, he is none the wiser. Could be the problem is a crook in the shipping dept. at the factory...

More likely though, this guy is just a scam artist who got busted, and hopes you don't turn him in. No real way to tell... Just get what you can get from him.

Mine was the Custom Plus in my avatar. It was shipped direct to me from Beijing. Not UK. wHEN i asked him by e-mail where it was being despatched from' date=' he didn't answer that question. [/quote']

if he was doing something that's not illegal he should have told that..many do that as it is a cheap way but they tell where it's coming from and it's always authentic..this man is a con artist..

Hello folks

I've registered here just to hopefully save some people a lot of pain! I had the misfortune to purchase what I thought was a genuine Epiphone Limited Edition Silverburst from MZOnline.co.uk recently. I didn't smell a rat as the price was what I would expect to pay if I had bought elsewhere i.e. not £200 cheaper than everywhere else!

The ordering was the easy bit...........

First guitar arrived about 7 days later after NO communication at all from the seller. It wasn't the guitar I ordered. Lo and behold, when I contacted them to advise, they responded IMMEDIATELY; apologised for the mistake and asked me to forward the guitar on to the person it was intended for and they would IMMEDIATELY refund me the postage costs as soon as I told them what it had cost. Being a fool, I did this and emailed them the info for the postage refund of £11.

I heard NOTHING back from them - either about my refund or about where the hell my Silverburst was!

I emailed again - heard NOTHING.

It was only when it got to the point where I was about to approach my credit card company and report them, that they suddenly replied. During this time, I also asked him to confirm that the Silverburst was genuine and would be shipped from the UK. This he confirmed. Silverburst arrived about 7 days later - but no refund of the postage costs.

When it arrived, I was immediately suspicious. The package had been sent directly from China. The case it came in was battered and had a really bad Epiphone logo on it. When I looked at the guitar, it was even worse! The body of the guitar had huge smears in the paintwork; the edging of the top was very poorly done and didn't reach the neck; the Epiphone logo on the back of the headstock looked like it had been painted on with a blunt brush and the logo etc on the headstock where all misaligned.

Immediately I contacted the seller and requested a refund as the product was not genuine. I sent photos as proof. Heard nothing back. Emailed again the next day. Heard nothing back. Again the next day. Heard nothing back......you can see there is a pattern developing here.......:D

Contacted PayPal - they weren't interested as the 'goods' had been received! Was shocked at how little 'proctection' you get if you use PayPal for a non-ebay purchase!

Contacted my credit card company - they advised me that I had to send the item back at my own expense and then file a claim. Given that I didn't have the sellers address to mail it back too, that wasn't even an option for me!

In the meantime, I contacted Gibson. Sent them a few pics and the serial number and they confirmed immediately that it was a fake.

With that info, I emailed MZOnline again and advised them that Gibson had confirmed that the guitar was fake and had requested MZOnline's details. I advised them if I hadn't received a full refund by 10am the next day, I would provide the details to Gibson. IMMEDIATELY I got a response........surprise, surprise..........!

At first they wanted me to send the guitar back and then they 'promised' to refund me. Given I was already waiting for the refund of the postage costs from kindly forwarding on their mistake for them, I declined and insisted I would send the guitar back, at my own expense, once I had been given a full refund plus postage costs for the first guitar.

They refused right up until 10am the next morning when I suddenly recieved an email begging me not to pass on their details to Gibson. They processed a refund immediately and I posted back their pile of crap that afternoon.

I'm delighted for the guy who got a cheap guitar and is happy with it - but for anybody who really wants to know that what they are getting is genuine, I would suggest that you give MZOnline a very, very wide berth indeed!

They do, knowingly or otherwise, sell fakes.

They don't respond to communications - particularly where it would mean issuing a refund.

(And 'No, I'm not a guitar shop owner/online store owner etc etc' - I just wanted a genuine guitar! As it was, I went to San Fran last week and bought one from a store. £ ain't as strong as it was, but it still means a bargain!)

Archived