Gibson Brands Forums

My new Dot Deluxe Flame Top arrived last night!

Big Arm

It was after 7:30 though, so I couldn't really inspect it carefully. Need some sunlight to do that! It looked pretty good though from what I could see. Very nicely figured wood. Let it warm up in the case for more than an hour and then played it for 30 minutes or so. Sounded pretty good, but not as good as my ES 345. Now, please note this is not an Epiphone vs. Gibson comment and I do not wish this thread to become such. It is just an observation. I only paid $300 for it and almost $300 for the Gibson so at the price I am very happy with it, subject to getting a good look in daylight. Work really gets in the way!

Congrats!!!! HNGD to you.

It'll sound better with fresh strings........they always do.

It'll also sound better after allowing a couple of months for the wood to "air".

I played 1 as a comparison when I bought my Sheraton II, & it sounded pretty good, but didn't have the tone

the Sherri did.

I only see 1 problem here.........you have a new guitar, and we have no pics to drool over yet =P~

It was after 7:30 though' date=' so I couldn't really inspect it carefully. Need some sunlight to do that! It looked pretty good though from what I could see. Very nicely figured wood. Let it warm up in the case for more than an hour and then played it for 30 minutes or so. Sounded pretty good, but not as good as my ES 345. Now, please note this is not an Epiphone vs. Gibson comment and I do not wish this thread to become such. It is just an observation. I only paid $300 for it and almost $300 for the Gibson so at the price I am very happy with it, subject to getting a good look in daylight. Work really gets in the way![/quote']

Don't you mean "almost $3000, for the Gibson?" Missing a "0" there...(Smile)

Anyway, congratulations, on your new "Dot!" HNGD...

CB

Archived