Gibson Brands Forums

Need Help Please

laxmaster92

I think that's the Epiphone Studio wine red..I say studio because it doesn't have any bindings on the body as it's only the standard and above which has bindings.. and i guess your truss rod covers says Studio.. I presume you've bought it second hand or are looking to buy this...the one who sold this to you has added a kill switch removing one of the pots..and changed the pickups too.. as the studios don't have covers on their pickups like the standards..well as far as i know some do have those sort of pickups so he mightn't have changed it either..it could also be the studio deluxe unless he hasn't changed the golden hardware to chrome.. here's one.. this is the Studio... imagine the Deluxe one with gold hardware..

epiphone-les-paul-studio.JPG

I guess the one you've got is an earlier one like it said 2002 as the studios had the trapezoid inlays..I guess it's the Epiphone Les Paul Studio Wine Red the US guys would be able to tell you the price of a second hand guitar which is a bit modified..

shouldn't. it's just cosmetic differences.

they vary as to body wood.. but so do the standards, etc.

current studios sell for 329.00 no case, or 339.00 you can see them at any online store.

I don't recall the other models being more than that.. maybe someone else does.

But it's a moot point used, really.

That's had a fair amount of play and a mod.. if it does have upgraded pickups then you could boost the price a bit.

the mod is, heh, odd. Not everyone wants a kill switch. But it isn't a huge bad thing or anything.

the guard and even the chrome look played for sure.

TWANG

would a studio have the trapezoid inlays? (i'm not "up" on studios' date=' sorry)

can you please insert a pic of the neck/headstock/nut joint, taken from either side?[/quote']

studios used the trapezoid inlays before..but i guess to cut the cost more they stopped that..I have seen some studios for sale here in Aus with the trapezoid inlays and you can see some in you tube or some pics on the internet as well..

Maybe a Studio? If the guitar was modified to make it look more expensive I'd say they just applied the trapezoid inlays over the regular dots. They sell those for $40 or so at many places. More convenient than applying binding to the instrument.

Looks like a modified Studio, but I ain't no expert... There's others here who can tell lots about the Epis by just looking at them!

Maybe a Studio? If the guitar was modified to make it look more expensive I'd say they just applied the trapezoid inlays over the regular dots. They sell those for $40 or so at many places. More convenient than applying binding to the instrument.

Looks like a modified Studio' date=' but I ain't no expert... There's others here who can tell lots about the Epis by just looking at them!

[/quote']

Like i said studios did use Trapezoid Inlays before.. i guess they wanted to cut corners so added the dot inlays later.. but it's just the bindings..else this guitar is supposed to sing in a similar fashion like that of it's expensive twin..

Archived