Gibson Brands Forums

when I'm dumb, I admit it.. good news samick sheri owners

TWANG

thanks to dubwise here.. I believe it was his problem with a bridge rattle that inspired me to try something,

and it worked.

Knowing that teflon tape can help posts fit into bushings a bit tighter..

I got a call from another member.. the same old thing... what the heck do I do about a bridge for my wierdly spaced

Korean Samick Sheri.

Only one solution I sez, all smart and stuff.

Plus I changed to chrome he says.

Well I may have the chrome one in stock, let me check.

I look into my parts box.. nope. Must have sold it.

But.. still have these other two, including a chrome roller bridge.

I tear into old Blondy.. again.. had her apart so many times for you schmucks, I start to feel bad about it.

Nope no bridge fits. holes don't line up worth a...

wait a minute..

teflon tape..

loose posts in bushings..

loose.. loose..

RAISE THE BRIDGE POSTS!

Raise the bridge posts and what was a tick loose is now three ticks loose..

Hey.. the roller bridge in chrome fits right over the posts..

Lower it.. will they stay in.. be too tight.. hard to turn..

NO!

Works perfectly!

Well now what about bushings and posts..

why lordamercy.. they're the same size!

That's right. You can put this roller bridge in chrome gold or black on your sheri after all.

I tightened up the strings set the action.. not a single thing wrong.

the difference in size is so small that raising the posts gives enough clearance to get the bridge on.

and it then functions as if it were made for it.

All this time I had accepted the difference, so clearly visible, as insurmountable. I guess I just shut my brain off.

And I apologise. Jeez, why didn't I think of something that simple before?

And I've sold those repro bridges and told so many people the same LIE!

I'm going to load some pics and I'll add them to this thread, in a couple of minutes.

NOTE: I believe this chrome roller bridge is in fact for standard recent issue epiphones.. I have to look up the part number, its been in my parts box a while.

But I know it's the same size as my epiphone les paul studios bridge, as I have replaced that one with a schaller roller bridge.

The schaller will not work.. it has different post size, and different bushing size.

Which is really kind of a drag, but also . kinda cool.. since on me lp studio the bushing tops are a tick smaller than

the originals.. but these are exact replacements.

I believe a tone pros may well fit... if they fit epis, they should fit the sheris IF the bushings and posts match the stock epi sizes.

With this bridge, you don't even have to replace the original bushings if you stick with gold.. as they both fit together.

Also, I believe the gold bushings would be hidden well enough to satisfy and not compel you to bother pulling them as the bridge and post screws will cover them.

I sign myself.

One dumbutt named

TWANG

notice the new roller bridge has a bit more travel for it's saddles than the stock epi bridge.

notice the bushings and post sizes are identical.

notice the bridge fits tight, and it adjusts correctly.

I will go intonate it now, but i'm sure it will be ok, just from holding my other bridge next

to it.

richard1.jpg

TWANG

For those of us UK based MIK Sheri based owners, you can get the Bridge that TWANG is talking about from ALLPARTS UK!!!

I just bought a Chrome one...not many left so get buying if you are interested:-

GB-0595-010 Colour/finish: Chrome £29.75 3 in stock now

GB-0595-002 Colour/finish: Gold £36.41 2 in stock now

GB-0595-003 Colour/finish: Black £34.26 1 in stock now

Here is the link...

http://www.allparts.uk.com/index.php?keywords=0595-010&p=shop

Looks good to me Sherman, going to have to give one of those a whirl........remember when buying on line, always buy from repuatable well known dealers that will provide you with a tracking number and not a receipt number it is always best to take the insurance if the part is an expensive.......

never buy in a forum where you don't know the party or have recourse......and never buy from anyone that doesn't know what they are talking about most of the time!!!O:)

By the way, nobody would pay 12.00 for proof of delivery, which is what it costs for us to canada, over a single pickguard.

You got the guard, you know you did.

You were angry that you got the wrong tuners, and have tried to make me pay tenfold for that mistake.

I paid your money back on that guard.

Send me the tuners, and I'll give you that money back, too.

But we all know you aren't going to to that.

I'm sure you've used them or sold them off.

And I'm sure you're so dishonest that you project that dishonesty, and now you don't trust me to repay you for them.

There's a name for that.

Hoist by his own petard.

TWANG

"And I'm sure you're so dishonest that you project that dishonesty, and now you don't trust me to repay you for them"

unbelievable our would be if he could be guitar tech, is now dispensing psychiatric analysis which appears to be about as reliable as his other advise, from the stuff I've read on here that you have posted it appears your petard has been this fubar character you see everywhere you go........theres a name for that and its not petard, nope that would be nutbar, but do carry on the entertainment is priceless!!!O:)

dunno where you came up with twang from unless your strung to tight when your off your meds.......I would have thought you to be more of a SNAFU](*,)

sounds to me ole SNAFUs paranoia with fubar is becoming a real disruption to the board and now he is attacking everyone, the ire of his latest attack being Goldie........none of the members on this board have to tolearate this type of behaviour......hes beginnning to make fubar sound like a gentleman........

Never a good way to refer to potential customers.[-X

Good Lord people......have you NO skin at all?

any working class person, born to labor as opposed to priveledge, that gets upset

at being called a shmuck, is really really in denial.

I don't mind it...because it's what I am.......a working class shmuck that will likely

never be rich, but will plug away relentlessly as long as I can.

and ricFumonBAR99...............if you'll stop trying to "bait him in".......I bet Twang will

stop answering you.

dunno bender sounds like this dudes got some serious issues.........sees fubars everywhere he turns these days' date=' generally a sign of a guilty conscience........[-X [/quote']

Or a sign of a spoiled little brat that won't leave him alone. Why don't you try growing up a little, let bygones be bygones, and stop ruining this forum for everyone else.

Archived