Gibson Brands Forums

*Public Apology*

duane v

Ok I'm new so' date='

1) Damn! I missed what was originally said! LOL

2) I'm sorry ...is this the "gay" Epiphone Forum? I think I missed that little notification when registering. I will google the "hetero" Epi Forum LOL

Just kidding actually. I play hockey and we say gay stuff to bust each other's chops all the time. It's rediculous. If a new guy joins the team ...they get pretty uncomfortable the first few games ...HAHAHA

Seriously ...I'm really liking this forum. I bought my very first Gibson last year and joined that forum and I don't think this kind of banter ever goes on in there![/quote']

Thanks, Norseman.

If this forum were held on Tuesday nights in some bar over beers, we'd have to occasionally pull some guys apart from time to time.

It's nice that some of us are big enough to apologize when something is taken the wrong way. Intended or not, it's hard not to ruffle feathers when you can't see the face when someone is posting. Tongue in cheek is hard to convey when typing.

If this forum were held on Tuesday nights in some bar over beers' date=' we'd have to occasionally pull some guys apart from time to time.

[/quote']

Honestly, I don't think that would happen, sure the annoyminity of being behind the computer, can allow for the disenfranchised to grow a pair, and more than likely would have a entirely different persona in person. Or that individual just wouldn't show up at all.

This is not to say I haven't seen it happen. We had a little informal outside gig where four bands were playing, and the first band consisted of some young fellas (about 19 to 25). And when they were finished, the drummer started to have a asthma attack, so his wife or girlfriend took him aside to help him. Well they didnt have much of a road crew, so the drum-set just sat.

the next band up consisted of older individuals (about 40 to 60) and this rather old guy was just mouthing-off about getting the "crappy drum-set off," "and if someone didnt move he would just throw it off the stage." My son looked at me and asked should I help them take the drum set off??? I told him NO!!! Rule #1 you never touch another musicians gear, especially a musician you don't know.

Well the old guy started moving the drum set, and this is where it went down hill fast. One of the drummers band mates told the old guy to keep his hand off the kit, and the old man just started barking like a junk yard dog. And sure enough in front of everyone, that poor old guy was straight up thumped rather badly...

Though I felt bad for the old man, but I couldn't help to think what possesses and older person to act so irrationally, especially in public:-s ... Basically the second band didnt go on because the old man was the bass player and was in no condition to play.

Archived